A long journey to reconstruction

15 Oct 2016
Updated

1 day ago

A long journey to reconstruction

My story is a long one. I started with another Dr, who left me a mess after breast augmentation. I called Dr's from Jacksonville to Miami, once they heard my story and saw pictures they would not call me back to schedule. Dr Nijher stepped up to the challenge. I went on the Dr Phil show not long after meeting with Dr Nijher, they offered help with their Dr. I declined, trust was an issue for me, Dr Nijher and his amazing staff gave me that. We began our 10 year journey of reconstruction. From beginning to end (including the other Dr) I had a total of 25 surgeries. Towards the end only having one more surgery to go, they found what looked like a mass in my left breast, the staff literally held my hand through that process. Turned out fine but what a scary moment for me. Dr Nijher and his staff not only took the best care of me, they did an AMAZING job putting me back together. I have not lived in Ocala for the last 4 years and never hesitated to travel. I never will!! He is my Dr for as long as he will have me. I feel extremely lucky to have found them. They gave me the confidence to feel like a woman again. It's so hard to explain using words without emotion behind it, but they asked me as I neared the end what I was most excited about, my answer was not the typical. I couldn't wait to be able to wear a V neck t shirt. 13 years wearing men's t shirts, no tank tops no bathing suits. Well now, I can wear anything!! I honestly never expected them to turn out as beautiful as they did! You would understand if you saw what he had to work with. So thank you Dr Nijher and everyone from the front to the back of the office THANK YOU for not turning your back on me THANK YOU for helping me!!! Anyone reading this trying to decide on a Dr to call, from the bottom of my heart, you will not find a better Dr or a better staff. You can put your trust in them 100%. You will be in the best hands!!