Still Swelling After All These Years...

I should have known. The doctor is highly...

I should have known. The doctor is highly advertised. However I was shocked when I walked in his office and the man I saw was not the same man in the glossy advertisements. OK, technically it was the same man... only about 15 years older. Looking back I'm assuming that most of his before and after pics were also from 15 years ago.

He is triple board certified. He has credentials on top of credentials. I mean how else do you pick a doctor?

When the surgey was over my blood pressure shot through the roof. His main concern was not getting me stabilized but getting me out of his office (he has his own surgicenter).

Immediately thick scars started forming under my eyes and started causing my lower lids to droop. I sent many pictures via email with little or no response. I made a follow up appointment to see him. He said "either you need to be patient or I can prescribe some Valium for you". I can assure you I was calm and in control. I just wondered why my eyes were drooping and thick, visible scars were forming. He finally put me through a series of steroid shots (in my lower lids...not for the faint of heart). Those did help a little with the scarring but did nothing for the drooping.

THREE years later I still have droopy lower lids, visible scars under my lids, around my ears, in my hairline and the scar from the brow lift looks like someone cut it open with scissors. On top of that I get marked swelling in my brows, eyes and forehead on a DAILY basis. This seems to be perpetuated by stimulation to the scalp - like when I fix my hair.

The doc was totally dismissive after surgery. I felt like there was nothing I could really do. I wasn't 'maimed' it just wasn't good. I finally gave up.

I am marking 'undecided' to the "Was it worth it" question. I am not disappointed that I had the procedures. I just wish I had chosen a different doctor.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have been dealing with hair loss, and this horrible distortion for three years. I have marked scarring in my lower lids which he 'fixed' with a series of steroid shots. The doc was very dismissive after the surgery. I finally just gave up because it seems my hands are tied.