Just Had my Septoplasty! - Thornhill, ON

I just had my septoplasty today with Dr. Phillip...

I just had my septoplasty today with Dr. Phillip Solomon. The procedure lasted an hour (way less longer than I predicted). I woke up with a burning sensation in my nose and they quickly gave me something for it. It burned pretty badly. My gauze in on and wrapped on my nose, I am bleeding frequently, however I am icing too and on top of everything. They only gave me T3's which aren't helping much with pain but they do help with sleep. The pain is an 8 right now I would say, which is unfortunate. My mouth is constantly dry and I'm itchy everywhere for some reason.

The doctor wasn't very keen on doing anything to the tip of my nose, he said I have thick skin so he'll see what he can do when he gets in there. I can tell he's done some work to it because it's a little pointed and turned up.

I don't know what I'll be doing for glasses as it's difficult to see and I can't wear contacts :( I can't wait until a month from now when I can start seeing results!!!

Second day

Today I'm in a lot of pain, the swelling has worsened and the black eye is huge! Only on one side though. You can tell my nose is super swollen. I hate how there is so much dried up blood in my nose, and I don't like breathing out of my mouth constantly. I feel tired and weak, but now I actually find it more difficult to sleep :(

Cast is off

So my cast is off and honestly it doesn't look like Dr. Solomon did anything but shave the tiny dorsal hump I had. I'm so upset. I guess I just have to wait 2-3 months for the swelling to go down, but I'm pissed. He's always rushing me every time I go in. I wish I would've went else where.

Absolutely pissed

So I paid 7300 just for the doctor to remove a small dorsal hump on my nose. He didn't change the width or the tip. I've talked to three other girls afterwards who have had their nose done by dr Solomon and their noses are still large too. I cannot believe I trusted him to actually make any changes. A waste of time and money.

Terrible experience.

At first I thought that this doctor was the right one for me since he made me feel very comfortable and was honest about what I should expect for a rhinoplasty. After I paid the money in full everything seemed so rushed. I wanted my nose smaller and my tip refined. However, my surgery only lasted an hour and he only shaved down my dorsal hump. No one can even tell I had surgery everyone says it looks the exact same. My nose is still large and I'm so upset I wasted so much money. I spoke to three girls afterwards who had the same surgery with him and they all said they experienced the same thing with Dr. Solomon. I was so excited for so long to have this done, and there's barely any differences. I drove two and a half hours to see him every time and was only with him each time for about 5 mins. Terrible experience and I wish I had gone somewhere else. It actually makes me cry sometimes because I can't believe I went through all of that time, money and pain for the end result to be so unsatisfactory.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon