Botched Up Upper Blepharoplasty Resulting in Canthal Webbing - Bakersfield, CA

Dr. Chang I had my original upper blepharoplasty...

Dr. Chang

I had my original upper blepharoplasty performed in March 2015 by Dr. Chang with devastating results. Not only were my eyelids completely asymmetric after the surgery, but I had severe pain in the inner corners of my eyes immediately following the surgery with very poor healing. The scars were very think and inflamed and created a band like pull towards the inner part of the eye, directionally towards the nose. I was told that I just have bad healing, and hypertrophic scarring by Dr. Chang. Nowhere else in my body I had this problem. To the contrary, my skin always healed extremely quickly and nicely.

As you can imagine I was devastated. I am very conservative, and have thought about this surgery for years. For me it worsened the aesthetic look of my eyelids, and totally distorted how I looked in general with these bands in my eyes. I felt very insecure, and didn’t want to be out in public anymore. It’s hard to hide your eyes on a constant basis.

I was researching eye surgeries gone bad, and finally came up with very little information since this kind of complication is very rare. What happened to me is called canthal webbing, which requires a epicanthoplasty.

I had to have revision surgery done, which I did by another surgeon.

This shows you that Dr. Chang is neither a skilled surgeon (check his credentials - or better - the lack thereof), nor does he have good bedside manners. He did not support me throughout this process, but just blamed me for it. At one visit he even said “you have to stop obsessing about your eyes and get a life”.

He should never operate again!

Note: Dr. Chang's main office is in Bakersfield, CA. He held an office in Santa Barbara, CA where I went to. Be aware that those are satellite offices and he is barely there. He is very hard to get a hold of or see him in person if you have complications.
Bakersfield Ophthalmologist