I LOVE my New Boobs! Thank You, Dr. Costanzo! - Thousand Oaks, CA

I have wanted a breast lift for almost 20 years!...

I have wanted a breast lift for almost 20 years! My breasts were always saggy even when I was a teenager and then I lost a gained weight a couple of times over the years and they only got worse. RealSelf helped me so much to make the decision to finally go through with it that I felt I owed it to the community here to post my experience and hopefully I can help someone else.

I went to a couple doctors in my 20's (I'm 37 now) but never had the courage to go through with it and I also never felt like I found someone who I was completely confident in their ability to hear what I wanted and make it happen. Then I found Dr. Costanzo here on RealSelf and read all the positive reviews. I loved how everyone described him as an artist and someone who really listened. I made an appointment and I knew right away he was the doctor for me and that if I didn't do it now it was because I was too chicken haha!

As soon as I booked my surgery date I was SO excited I cried! I didn't realize how badly I had wanted to do this and how much mental space it took up for me until suddenly there was the possibility that it was going to change after all these years. I've always worked hard to love myself and been positive and kind with my body so it really took me by surprise what a mental shift it was. I think I always felt like I never got to have a youthful perky chest and it made me feel like an older woman all my life.

I had a couple moments of feeling nervous during the three weeks before my surgery but I just stayed focused on how much I trusted my doctor and that I would wake up and be on the other side with the boobs I'd always wanted. I was surprised the morning of surgery how calm and happy I was to just get it done.

The surgery went SO smoothly. I was able to go home an hour after I woke up. I felt so good. My chest felt tight and sore but I I just stayed on my pain meds round the clock for the first three days. The nurse gave me the advice "Don't chase the pain, just stay on the meds" and that made recovery a breeze. I was surprised by how easy recovery actually is. The hardest part is being tired and having to lie around for so long. I was able to go out to lunch 6 days after my surgery and walk around a bit but after a few hours I was so tired! My husband took amazing care of me and the first week I iced my boobs with frozen peas 20 mins off and on.

It took about 5 weeks until I felt like myself again. My boobs are still recovering 11 weeks out but at 5 weeks I wasn't really thinking about them anymore. One of the hardest things for me was sleeping on my back! I finally figured out that if I put a pillow under my knees and one on each side of my body I could kind of lean to the side a little and trick myself into thinking I was on my side and more comfortable than I was! I was able to comfortably sleep on my side again at about 8 weeks but I love my boobs so much it is so worth it.

One thing that totally surprised me about this whole process and a big reason why I wanted to come and write a review is changing my boobs, changed my life! I have so much more confidence and it made the rest of my body feel younger and sexier. I socialize WAY more which totally surprised me. It's like I have more energy. I feel like myself for the first time and I had no idea changing my breasts would make me feel that way. I feel more capable. I feel like all the mental energy that went into trying to hide or conceal some part of me is now free. It's like I can walk through the world without thinking about it now. I'm just me and it's amazing! I would advocate for anyone to have surgery on the thing that has always bothered them. I read on another users profile "There are so few things we can control in this lifetime and taking control through surgery to make myself feel better is the best thing I ever did for myself". Her words helped me to make my final decision and I hope my words will help you make yours.

The pictures of my breasts now really don't do them justice. In real life, they are some of the nicest boobs I've ever seen! It's incredible. It's like a dream come true and it's also positively effected my sex life with my hubby. We were always really affectionate with each other but you can't deny the power of feeling great about yourself! There is nothing sexier.

Well realselfers don't just lurk any longer. Go meet with those doctors you've been stalking on here. See if one feels like the right choice for you and change your life! You'll be so glad you did.
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Costanzo is truly the best boob doctor! I looked all over California (including Beverly Hills) for someone with a real artist's eye and he was the only doctor who met my meticulous standards. He is kind, calm, patient, and gave me exactly what I wanted. His staff and office are amazing. The longest I waited for an appointment was maybe 10 minutes and everyone is so responsive should you ever have a question arise. I would give them all 10 stars if I could and I was actually sad to not be seeing them anymore once my procedure was done. My sister is going to have her breasts done there as well because of how much I've gone on and on about the doctor and his work. Thank you to all of you at the office! You guys are truly the best!