back to all reviews

16 Nov 2016
Updated

1 day ago

Needs more than 5 stars!

Overall, incredibly amazing Doctor and office!! Backstory: I was born with a large dark brown birthmark on my butt, that I have been self-conscious of since I was a little girl. It was dark enough to show through light-colored clothing especially in cotton/sheer materials/ bikini bottoms etc. In high school, I went to a consultation in Seattle to get it removed but they turned me away. Needless to say, I was devastated. I waited over 10 yrs to try again, in fear of getting let down again. I figured I live in the ideal location to have a wide selection of surgeons between Newport/Laguna area & LA/Hollywood. I researched online, read reviews & reached out to a handful of the best rated offices I could find in socal. Some of the responses I got turned me down or lacked confidence in my desired result being possible. One surgeon told me they could only lighten the birthmark by laser but didn't think I could ever remove it completely. Rosalyn, the patient coordinator at Dr. Barrett's office, was extremely kind and confident in my goal since Day 1. Everyone in the office from Dr. Barrett, to Rosalyn to the assistants went out of their way to make me feel comfortable, despite my extremely anxiety for doctors/needs/blood etc. Dr. Barrett told me he wanted to do 2 sessions of surgery to completely remove the birthmark to get the best result. Over the course of the summer we have completed both surgeries, many post-op appointments and my birthmark is 100% gone!!! I was a wuss about practically everything the whole way, but everyone made me feel like part of the family and went above and beyond for me. At the end of my 2nd procedure when Dr Barrett told me he got it all, I was literally in tears of happiness. His post-op care is meticulous and he takes pride in making sure his work is the best possible for the patient. 100% recommend Dr. Barrett's office and will definitely return if I ever need anything else again in the future!