My scars are horrible. She mislead me.

Tummy Tuck

bcmommy

Doctor Review

25 Oct 2016
Updated

1 day ago

My scars are horrible. She mislead me.

I had a tummy tuck and a breast reduction with a lift from Dr. Lawrence in 2010 once my husband and I knew we were done having children. I followed post op instructions religiously and, 6 years later, I still have horrific scarring. I do not smoke or drink alcohol...and follow a healthy diet with moderate exercise several times per week. I am healthy. And I did zero lifting, exercising, stretching, etc. post op. After the surgery, they incisions on the underside of both breasts opened up (as in, there was a quarter sized hole under each breast) and had to be revised. To this day, all of my scars are stretched out, purple, raised and rope-y looking. She told me my abdominoplasty scar would be down at my panty line...it isn't. It is extremely high up and comes way up over my hip bones, so high and wide that I can not wear a two piece swimsuit without it showing. They swore my scars would fade over time. I even paid for several months of those really painful laser treatments they perform to reduce my scars. They did not help in the slightest. Don't waste your money. She did a terrible job with my surgeries and mislead me significantly. It's a typical case of over-selling and under-delivering. I do not recommend Dr. Lawrence. In my humble opinion, she is not a talented surgeon. You will be much better off using someone else.