back to all reviews

17 Nov 2016
Updated

1 day ago

My Breast Reduction Experience - Wirral, UK

From start to finish Mr Adamthwaite put me at ease. I was being reviewed for a breast reduction and was quite nervous about the consultation. As Mr Adamthwaite is such a good surgeon, I had a long wait on the NHS, but my reduction took place on 09/08/16. All of the staff in the team were fantastic at reassuring me, relaxing me pre op, with good humour thrown in. I actually 'went under' with a smile on my face. The aftercare was excellent, from recovery to the ward. I can honestly say I enjoyed the experience overall and my recovery was unremarkable and virtually pain free. My dressings were removed in clinic a week after my procedure. I took the advice from online reviews on RealSelf and made sure I rested. Three months on and I had the pleasure of meeting Mr Adamthwaite again today, 17/11/16. Again, his whole manner put me at ease, he did not rush the consultation and was keen to know about my experience and recovery. I would definitely recommend Mr Adamthwaite to anyone and feel privileged to have had him as my surgeon. He is without doubt a 5* surgeon! I am extremely happy with the results of the reduction, I have reduced back and neck pain, resulting in less headaches. The reduction was never about aesthetics for me, it was about reducing my pain, I would say this has been almost resolved. I am 62 years old and had a 34JJ cup at 5' tall. I would say to any woman with doubts about this procedure, go for it!