Lower Blepharoplasty - Highly Recommended

Bryn Mawr Oculoplastic Surgeon

I made the decision to have lower eyelid blepharoplasty. I chose Dr. Lee. The outcome exceeded my expectations. This procedure occurs right next to the eyes. So, the stakes are high. I decided that I wanted a doctor who was both a plastic surgeon and an ophthalmologist. Just in case there were any complications. I also wanted a doctor who specializes in, and has a lot of experience with, blepharoplasty. And, of course, someone who has overwhelmingly great reviews. Dr. Lee’s qualifications met all my criteria. He’s both a board-certified ophthalmologist and a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon with credentials from highly regarded institutions and societies. He specializes in facial plastic surgery and eyelid and brow surgery. He has lots of experience performing eyelid and brow surgeries -- over 7000 of them! And, he has overwhelmingly high ratings by his former patients. I could tell during the initial consultation that Dr. Lee and his staff was the right choice. The surgery is essentially removing fat from behind the lower eyelid. In my case, the puffiness was extensive. So, incisions were also made at the corners of my eyes, excess skin was removed, and then stitched. The entire procedure was performed in Dr. Lee’s office using only local anesthesia. It took about two hours from start to finish. There was virtually no pain during the operation. Recovery went very smooth. For ten days after the procedure, I wore compression tape at the corners of my eyes. I had some minimal swelling and redness, but very little pain. The worst part was not being able to rub my eyes or scratch around the incisions. It’s been 4 months since the surgery. My expectations were exceeded. There is no puffiness under my eyes, and it’s nearly impossible to tell where the skin tightening incisions were made. From the initial consultation through to the final visit, Dr. Lee and his entire staff were fantastic. Dr. Lee is very talented. He and his staff were professional, thorough, friendly, and accessible. I couldn’t have asked for a better overall result or experience. If you have decided to have eyelid or brow surgery, choose your doctor wisely. I highly recommend Dr. Lee and his staff.