Zeltiq for Saddlebags: Am I a Candidate?

I have really made some changes over the last year with weight watchers and I have lost 15 pounds. Diet and exercise have helped me reach my ideal weight (125) but I cannot seem to reach my ideal body. I am relatively happy with everything else I just can't lose those saddlebags. They drive me insane.

Anyways, would I be a candidate for zeltiq? I just want my outer thighs/saddlebags reduced, and my thighs a bit more even. (they are kinda asymmetrical as you can see) Thanks!

Zeltiq Coolsculpting for saddlebags

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Greetings~

Congratulations on your weight loss and your hard work!  Zeltiq Coolsculpting can be helpful for stubborn areas but saddlebags can be difficult.  Areas of 'firm fat' like the outer thigh/saddlebag area can be difficult to achieve not only an adequate suction but more importantly difficult to draw up enough fat into the treatment chamber to see noticeable end results.  Firm thighs are good...but not for Zeltiq. For the best, most accurate, information about treatment as it pertains to you, it is best to get a face to face consult with someone who has performed a great deal of treatments.

Good luck and keep up the good work~

Dr. Grant Stevens

CoolSculpting Does Treat Saddlebags

In patients with saddlebags, coolsculpting results are excellent and patients report high levels of satisfaction. Your pictures suggest that you would be a good candidate for coolsculpting of your saddlebags. Unfortunately, without performing a physical examination, it’s not possible to know with certainty what’s best for you.

Unfortunately, there are several potential problems when coolsculpting is performed on saddlebags. Excess fat in the inner and outer thighs can be difficult to treat because it’s often associated with loose skin. Loose skin can be made worse when subcutaneous fat is removed with coolsculpting. Under these circumstances, coolsculpting not only removes excess fat, but can accentuate loose saggy thigh skin as well.

In addition, it can be difficult to apply the applicator to the thighs in some cases. There just isn’t enough skin to roll into the applicator head and as a result the device doesn’t function properly. This can adversely impact the result and lead to treatment failure.

Because of these issues, patient selection is extremely important. When patients have loose skin, results are less than optimal because of skin sag and other types of treatment should be considered. When the skin is tight, the applicator may not fit.

It’s important to discuss these issues with your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon should be able to help you choose the procedure that’s best for you. In most patients with saddle bags, coolsculpting is an excellent option. 

Freeze Off Saddlebags With CoolSmooth

The CoolSmooth applicator allows us to use CoolSculpting on non-pinchable areas of fat, such as the flanks and thighs (i.e., saddlebags). CoolSculpting works by lowering the temperature of fat to the point where it freezes and the fat cells begin to die. The temperature is not low enough to have an adverse effect on skin, other than some temporary redness and swelling. The CoolSculpting process should also rectify your asymmetry. Please consult with a board-certified dermatologist so you can freeze off your saddlebags for good.

Melda A. Isaac, MD
Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for saddlebags. Am I a candidate?

Thank you for the photos.  It looks like you may be a good candidate for CoolSculpting.  CoolSculpting has FDA approval for fat reduction since 2010. CoolSculpting freezes the fat cells. Fat cells are more susceptible to damage by freezing than the other cells, (nerve, vessel, bone, etc.), around them. The fat cells die via a process called apoptosis, (programmed cell death). The number of fat cells are therefore reduced. This happens over a period of time, so the body is not overwhelmed with dead fat cells. The body will take these cells up, process them and excrete them, just as any other cell. The remnants are filtered through the liver, and then excreted eventually via stool.  CoolSculpting has a specific applicator that has been used in this area with good results.  We have had good experience with the skin snapping back.  Each individual is different.  See an experienced CoolSculpting practice, they will determine if you are a candidate.  Moreover, would also consider seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, who can give advice on both CoolSculpting and Liposuction.

Contour Thighs With CoolSculpting

Good job on dedicating yourself to losing weight, and thank you for including photos. You seem to fit the profile of an ideal CoolSculpting candidate, having reached your target weight and leading a healthy lifestyle. Find an experienced CoolSculpting provider who has applicators specially designed to treat inner and outer thighs. The CoolSculpting technique reduces stubborn pockets of fat in trouble spots including the "saddlebags," and you should be pleased with the results. Good luck!

CoolSculpting for Saddlebags

Congratulations on your weight loss! Based on your photos, you would be a good candidate for CoolSculpting. Like many of my CoolSculpting patients, you maintain a healthy and active lifestyle and have reached your goal weight. Since you only want to target a specific area of stubborn fat that isn't responding to your lifestyle changes, it could be the perfect solution for you. The best way to know for sure is to have a consultation with a certified CoolSculpting specialist who can answer all of your questions and address any of your concerns. 

Coolsculpting for larweal thigh saddlebags

Coolsculpting finally has an applicator that is designed for the lateral thighs.  Look for a  practice that has this relatively new applicator and go in for an in-person consultation.  Best of luck. 

Zeltiq for Saddlebags

Based on the photos, coolsculpting is an option for you to consider. The FDA has approved coolsculpting for thighs, and the results have been impressive. Consult with a board certified physician who offers both surgical and coolsculpting options to understand which procedure is best for you.

Cool sculpting for the saddle bags

This is now possible that Cool Smooth is FDA approved.  These must be positioned appropriately.  Also we have two machines in our office in Austin to perform dual cool sculpting of simultaneous treatments.

Coolsculpting by Zeltiq was designed for saddle bags

Your photos suggest that you would be a great candidate for Zeltiq. The localized saddle bag area is the perfect area to treat. I have had great results with tummies, flanks, and saddle bags. Remember that it is always important to find a board certified physician for the procedure. Eleven the asymmetry can be corrected through proper placement and procedure of the applicator.