Zeltiq CoolSculpting - What Are the Dimensions of the Area That Can Be Treated?

Do you have clinical data about the surface area that can be treated with the standard applicator in centimeters? How about the dimensions with the large applicator? Knowing how much area can be treated will help me plan my visit and budget. thanks

CoolSculpting Treats Various-Sized Areas and Shapes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Unfortunately, you it is difficult to guess what your CoolSculpting session will entail until you consult with a board-certified dermatologist who specializes in the procedure. During my consults with patients, I evaluate their health and fat distribution, learn about their expectations, and discuss their options. We also go over probable results, how many treatments it will take, and how long before the final results are visible. During this time, you can ask more specific questions about why a particular device is being chosen for the areas you want treated and also discuss budgetary issues and a payment plan. Please do find a board-certified dermatologist so you can find out if you are a candidate for CoolSculpting.

Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

Choosing the best applicator for your Coolsculpting Treatment

When you consult for coolsculpting a clinical exam is done.  We measure the area based on which applicators would fit best to determine the course of treatment.  That is why an in office consultation is the only way to determine the best fitting applicator and treatment plan and price.

Applicators of CoolSculpting by Zeltiq are chosen by contour and size

It is not only size that is evaluated, but more importantly, the contour and fit of the applicator on your body. The bony framework of the hips may preclude one applicator from fitting well despite it being of a good size for you and a different applicator would be chosen based on your examination.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Applicators

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to give you dimentions of what can/cannot be treated with the different sized applicators.  It is very important to have the consultation with the doctor so that they can show you on your body exactly what areas can be treated.  The patient's history must be taken into account as well as their goals, skin elasticity, etc.  Best to be seen and examined.  That way, you can get the most precise information.  Best Wishes!

Dimensions of the Area That Can Be Treated.

Hi,

We get this question all the time on the phone!  What is hard for me to describe is the three dimensional aspect of the different applicators.  When we do a free consult, we first ask a medical history to see is there are any contraindications.  Then we asess the area the patient wants to treat with a set of templates which are similar to the applicators.  We also need to see the quality of the skin and fat since if the area is looser, usually you get a more dramatic result since more fat can be sucked into the applicator.  I think the best thing for you to do is to go to an office that offers complimentary consultations for a true evaluation since everyone's fat is so surprisingly different!

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon