Saved 11K for a TT and to fix my implants (Silicone put in 3 years ago under the muscle). So close but not close enough! :(

Saved 11K to get a TT & my uneven implants fixed w a lift. DR needs to charge me for implants in case 1 is ruptured but if not, she will credit me back or Mentor would pay if ruptured. (MRI would be a waste of $2000). 99% sure there is no rupture. Problem is, adding BA to my TT & Lift is well over 11K. So b/c I have to "front" the cost of the implants, I can no longer afford what I want. Thinking about just getting them taken out, w/ a lift & TT then come back for implants when I save more $?

It all depends on what's "wrong" with your implants

Do you really need new implants? If you are wanting them bigger or smaller, that's one thing.  Assuming that you really do need a lift and your implants are soft and in the right place, maybe you just do the lift and TT now, then address the implant later.  That's a lot of trauma to have them taken out now just to put them back in again after a few years.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Implant Change with Lift

Do not be stressed over this situation.  It sounds like your surgeon is trying to work with you on what can be a rather costly intervention when you do a mommy makeover.   When in doubt, be positive and do something positive.  If the tummy tuck can rejuvenate your core and give you a beautiful waist line------ and the breasts can  simply be made more symmetric without implants, then go for removal and lift with your tummy tuck.  We sometimes prefer saline implants since we always know when they rupture, and you don't need expensive MRIs, ultrasound, and the like for diagnosis, and you don't need to remove the capsules.  Silicone implants while still a gold standard, still have their issues and create more costly revisionary surgery.  Most revisions of implants should be implant removal, minor pocket balancing, and reinsertion of new implants.  When you get into capsulectomy, dermal grafts, and all sorts of complex surgery, you make a simple situation that works into a complex situation that works but is more expensive for everyone.      Pictures would be very helpful in your case to see what the issues are with the breast asymmetry.

Donn Hickman, MD

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Planning tummy tuck and breast implant revision

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck and breast implant revision.
  • These are important financial decisions -
  • Some people would finance the difference and have everything done at once.
  • However it is often smarter to stay out of debt - and only do what you can afford.
  • It makes sense in that case to have them implants removed, the lift and tummy tuck as you suggest - with implants later assuming you still want them removed.
  • I agree that an MRI seems unnecessary in the circumstances.but it is smart to check with your own surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

The Costs and Seek a Board Certified Surgeon

The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Approximate #costs can be found here on the Real Self website,, or Also, the costs are contingent on the specific #procedures being combined in the operation. Such will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation. Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time. Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Plastic surgery priorities

Thank you for your question. Perhaps you might consider focusing on the procedure most important to you. We have many patients who do their surgery in stages to help with their budget. If you are interested, two companies, Care Credit and Prosper, offer financing for plastic surgery. Good luck!

Janet Turkle, MD

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question. It might be a good idea to look for services outside the US where maybe your dollar is worth a bit more. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Seems like a very reasonable approach. Cosmetic surgery is expensive but it will be worth the saving in the long run if you get what you want. Best wishes.

TT and revision breast surgery

Thank you for your question.  Your plan sounds like a reasonable one.  Probably best to save for the surgery that you want and will meet your goals rather than settling for a lesser procedure.  Discuss your options with your surgeon.  Best wishes!