How many hours will surgery take?

For a patient that weighs 205 lbs and is having all the areas of their abdomen liposuctioned how many hours should it take to remove 4 liters of fat from that area.

How many hours does liposuction take?

Thank you for your question. Normally a liposuctionprocedure could take from 1,5 to 2 hours depending on the areas treated and the amount of fat taken. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Time for Liposuction surgery

The amount of time needed to perform liposuction is dependent on several variables such as - area to be treated, amount of fat to be removed, techniques used- traditional liposuction vs. ultrasound assisted liposuction vs. laser assisted liposuction, whether the surgeon waits for the epinephrine to take effect or not, is this being performed under local anesthesia or general anesthesia (more tiime needed). Given the scenario you presented, 2 - 2 1/2 hrs. would be a reasonable approximation. I wish you all the best- J. Vicente Poblete

Lipo and time of surgery

Liposuction of the abdomen and waist can take different amounts of time for different surgeons. I will often take me about 1 1/2 -2 hrs.  Best of luck.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- ABDOMEN

I suggest you speak to your physician, time is based on the type of procedure performed, technique used, and the areas treated.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction - estimate length of time

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Without knowing your height, one can't say for sure but probably 2 hours.
  • If you are having this done with local anesthesia, it will take longer.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Abdominal liposuction time

As mentioned in previous answer by plastic surgeons  liposuction  time depends  on many factors. In physically fit patient  time is not an  important criteria  as far as Abdominal suction is concerned.. Rather one should look for    technical safety., smooth pain free recovery ,uniform result and avoidance of complications. Large canula can do suction fast but there will be more pain longer recovery  and chance of seroma or irregularity  will increase

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

How long would lipo take

There are a few variables to answering this question. A surgeon using techniques such as vaser with power assisted suction will take shorter amounts of time than someone doing it by hand. Similarly, if multiple levels are down, going from larger to smaller cannulas, that will take more time than simply a large debulking. Each surgeon has their own pace and doesn't seem to affect the overall outcome. I use all the techniques I outlined above and this would take me about two hours to complete. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Liposuction of the anterior abdomen and hips may take 1-1 1/2 hours depending.  Power assisted lipo helps quicken procedure times.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Lipo TIme

That is widely variable depending on multiple factors - both about you and about your surgeon. It will take however long it takes for your surgeon to do the best job they can. In some cases this might be one hour of actual surgical time (not including anesthesia and prep time) yet at the other extreme it might take two hours. If it takes a bit longer, it is of no consequence as the goal is a safe nice result.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

How long will liposuction take?

I agree this will depend on your surgeon and how the procedure is actually done. I would typically use general anesthesia for 4 liters and on average would take 2 hours, maybe a little more, but it depends on the areas being treated, sometimes it goes really quickly

W. John Bull, MD