What about the constant pain?

Thanks for helping me to understand about the swelling. Now for the pain. It has been 23 days since the surgery and I am still in a huge amount of pain. I can't work, it is very hard to get up and down, I can't walk for very long. My doctor did what I was told would be a 3 to 4 hour surgery in 45 minutes. His previous patient took 6 hours. I had all the sections of my stomach done in 45 minutes. Could there be an issue I should be worried about? I only drained 1 day.

Pain after surgery

The degree of pain you describe is not normal, especially 23 days after surgery.  Contact your doctor for an evaluation.  

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question. Having so much pain after surgery is not very normal. Please contact your surgeon directly and , if possible, schedule a consult with him/her. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Pain After Liposuction

Please speak to your physician there shouldn't be too much pain after the liposuction procedure.  Best, Dr. Emer.