Swelling and asymmetry after gynecomastia surgery? (photos)

I had gynecomastia surgery 2 months ago. At beginning I had big hemtom on left side, but after two weeks after surgery doctor extracted 50ccm liquid and bruise disappeared soon. Now I have swelling under the left nipple, it is pretty hard and little bit painful on touch. Left nipple is bigger than before surgery and it annoys me. I am not sure is it scar tissue and I scare it will not be symmetrically. What can I do solve the problem?

Healing & Assymetry After Gynecomastia Surgery

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery.
Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Asymmetry after Gynecomastia Surgery

Thank you for your pictures.  This enlargement beneath the left nipple/areola most likely represents scar tissue from the hematoma.  This should resolve but it may take 6-12 months.  Close monitoring of the area by your plastic surgeon is warranted and discussion of revision after a year if the asymmetry remains.