Why does my scar look different from one side to the other? TT 10 days ago. (photo)

I had a TT 10 days and finally took the surgical tape off today. I notice that one side of my scar the line is nice and smooth and the other side looks bumpy? Will it eventually even it to look the same?

Tummy dcar

scars will get red for about 6 weeks, then begin to soften. Sun protection, pressure from a garment( not too tight!!) and massage will all help. You should look great.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Scars 10 Days Post-Op TT

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen . It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle. So, after only ten days I would first say that you need to allow a little more time for the scars to settle into place. These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard , Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.