Will mastopexy surgery be able to remove any damaged skin? (Photo)

I am no yet 30, with no children and my breast look like I'm 50 who breastfed 3 kids. I have damaged skin and cysts around my breast. They don't do anything about them since they are not threatening, they are just very disgusting looking and overwhelming. If I get mastopexy done, will they be able to remove some of the damaged skin, so it can be renewed with the skin I do have that is normal?

Will mastopexy surgery be able to remove any damaged skin?

Mastopexy will remove skin, and if some of that skin is damaged is within the margins of resection, that skin will be removed as well.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. It depends on your incision and type of lift that will depend how your breasts will be improved, talk with your surgeon to see what can be done, but for you to know love, your damaged skin doesn't have to be with the surgery by itself.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Removal of damaged skin during breast lift surgery

Hello, breast lift surgery does involve removing skin from the breast, so depending on the location of the cysts or lesions, some might be removed during the operation.  If you seek a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon they should be able to give you more specific advice which areas of skin would be removed.

One of the major features of a breast lift is skin removal. But the skin pattern is pretty specific and most of the skin removed is lower. Once you have chosen a surgeon, the doctor can draw the pattern on your skin so you can see exactly what will be removed and what will stay. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Mastopexy breast lift options

Thank you for asking. Indeed a significantly amount of involved skin can be removed via a mastopexy breast lift approach. You should see a board certified plastic who can assess you properly in person. Best wishes!

Mastopexy

Thank you for the question and photos and I would go on complimentary consultations with experts in the area and discuss your concerns and what you would like to see accomplished

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast Lift With Skin Removal

The procedure is done on an outpatient basis under intravenous sedation and local or general anesthesia. As mentioned above there are a variety of techniques for these operations.  Lollipop lift (vertical lift), donut (periareola) lift, Benelli lift, crescent lift, anchor lift  (inverted T ). Most commonly, we prefer the lollipop or donut lift because of the shape, small scars and easier healing. Although the “anchor-shape” or inverted “T” incision is still more popular in the United States, it represents an older technique with extensive scarring and a less optimal result in many cases. These newer techniques are utilized in the vast majority of cases, the rare exception being extremely large breasts. The nipple-areola complex is repositioned higher, the excess skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped in a pleasing contour and in a more normal position.

The crescent lift removes a small amount of skin at the top of the areola. We find that there is very little lift and the areola becomes oval in shape and distorted with this method.

The Benelli lift as performed by most surgeons is just the donut lift, removing a donut shaped piece of areola and skin then using a #Pursestring or double purse-string suture to tighten the skin.  A true Benelli actually will expose much of the breast through this incision and then the breast itself is shaped and lifted with sutures.  This is a more complex procedure and is often not done as describe by Dr. Benelli.

The insertion of an implant as well, may be advisable to restore superior fullness, which is lost with aging and after pregnancy despite the rest of the breast being overly large.  Fat grafting can be used instead of implants to improve the contours of the breast. This is the #NaturalBreastLIft or #CaliforniaBreastLift.

With all of these procedure options and your desire to remove excess or damaged skin it would be best to take these specific questions into consultation with different surgeons to make sure there is one who is able to apply the best procedure for your desired final result.