Coolsculpting after breast surgery?

I had breast explant surgery with mastopexy and repair of the pectoral muscles about 10 weeks ago. I still have a large Mondor's cord on the left from the breast to the pelvis. I am scheduled to have coolscuplting done but am wondering if perhaps I should wait until that cord resolves? It runs through part of the area where the handle would be applied.

Coolsculpting after breast surgery?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend speaking to your surgeon about this as every surgeon has their own protocols. It may be best to wait until you are completely healed. Regards, 

Coolsculpting after breast surgery

I would typically suggest waiting until you are completely healed from one procedure before undergoing the next procedure.  I recommend discussing this with your doctor who will be performing the coolsculpting to determine if it is better to wait until your cord has resolved.  Best of luck!

CoolSculpting after Surgery

I suggest waiting until you have healed before any non invasive procedure. Please notify your physician of your concerns prior to treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

CoolSculpting after Surgery

Most likely you should wait until everything is healed and all of the issues are resolved.  CoolSculpting uses a vacuum applicator, so keep that in mind.  Check with your physician to see if you should definitely wait or if it is safe to have the procedure.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

CoolSculpting After Breast Surgery

The best thing to do is to let your CoolSculpting physician know about this. They can then determine whether it is safe to proceed with the treatment or wait.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon