Should I lose wait before I get a BBL & a TT?

I am 48 years old and was in pretty good shape before i had child #4 at 43. I was 135lbs since my 3rd at 26. never gained a pound. i am 5' 3 and Now I'm 160lbs and trying to get my body back. Should i lose some of the weight before the surgery?

Losing wait before BBL and Tummy Tuck

Thanks for your question.  I would actually recommend you have this discussion with your Plastic Surgeon because if you really want to maximize the results of your tummy tuck, then you want to lose as much weight as possible to get a nice result.  In turn, if you lose a lot of weight, you might not have a lot of fat for the Brazilian Butt Lift.  So, it will be important for your surgeon to examine you and give you his/her recommendation on whether or not losing weight is a good option for you to get the best benefits from your surgeries.  I hope this helps. 

Weight loss before surgery

If you are planning on having a fat transfer to the buttock you may not want to lose too much weight before surgery. I would consult with a few plastic surgeons in person to have a complete exam and review of your surgical options. If you lose too much weight, then you will not have sufficient fat for the BBL procedure. The BBL can also be combined with the tummy tuck in certain cases; watch this brief video.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Brazilian Buttock Lift and Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck): Information

Dear Ms. Bahama242,

Thank you for your story and questions.

Unfortunately without photos, a review of your medical history or a examination I can advise you in general terms, however I hope you will find them helpful.

Based on safety and to reduce complications. your BMI (Google for how to calculate) should be under 35 (closer to 30) and/or with 10 pounds of your goal weight.

My recommendations:
1)Depending on how much larger you want your buttock to be will be determined by how much fat can be harvested (liposuctioned), purified and then injected.
2) if you want a modest increase in size then usually we can find areas to liposuction
3) remember all the weight you gain may not be located in areas that can be liposuctioned safely.
4)we all have both internal fat (fat on internal organs that can't safely be removed surgically) and external fat (fat that can be liposuctioned or excised). Depending on where you "carry" your fat will determine how the contour of your abdomen and how you will eventually appear. 

Please make a appt. with Plastic Surgeon, who has experience in performing both a abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and BBL together. In addition makes sure he/she is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

I wish you my best and success,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

To Gain or Not to Gain Weight, that IS the Question!

Hi and great question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching the procedure.  

The question of whether or not to gain (or lose) weight depends on:  1) Your goals for your butt 2) The amount and quality of fat available 3) The quality (looseness or stiffness) of your skin.  Unfortunately, a consultation is needed to make those determinations.  I realize this does not answer your question; but I wanted to provide you with the thought process in order to answer your question.  At a minimum, if photos were posted I could give a better answer.  An in-person consult would be the best.  

Best of Luck!

Matthew J Nykiel
Butt Augmentation Specialist
#RealSelfTopDoctor
#RealSelfCoreDoctor

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Butt Augmentation/ Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Weight-loss before surgery

As a general statement most people she get to their ideal weight before having abdominal contouring surgery.

For some people having a low BMI can potentially lead to having insufficient amounts of fat for an aggressive Brazilian.

Low BMI patients generally have substantially better results from abdominoplasty surgery.

It's not possible to make the statements for any one individual person without an

Mats Hagstrom, MD

BBL and TT

You should be at your ideal weight (comfort weight) when you undergo BBL and TT. your comfort weight is the weight that you are at without any effort. This is because this is the weight that you will return to following surgery, so if you want your results to last, then keep this weight throughout (pre and post).

Arian Mowlavi, MD