Are Fractional and Laser treatments legitimate and effective for sagging skin and wrinkles? (photos)

My face and neck have spots, lines and wrinkles. My neck has sagging skin below my chin and down the front of my neck. I will have to send pictures from my iPhone. 

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Are Fractional and Laser treatments legitimate and effective for sagging skin and wrinkles?

Yes and No.

CO2 laser and Fractional CO2 laser treatments are very effective for treating lines, wrinkles, acne scarring, brown/age spots, etc..  With more intense treatments on the face (not neck) there is some modest skin tightening, although some patients may achieve very significant skin tightening. 

To claim a fractional laser or any laser treatment will rejuvenate sagging neck skin is simply false because the sagging neck skin you speak of is not just loose skin but also "loose" muscle (platysma muscle) that needs to be surgically tightened in most cases.

The attached link provides more information.

The Spot, Line, Wrinkle Remover--Lasers, Microneedling/prp, Sculptra, Fillers, Radiofrequency

Absolutely. Usually a combination approach for sun spots and sagging skin is best. I recommend lasers for improving skin's tone, radiofrequency/ultrasound for skin tightening, microneedling/prp and Sculptra for collagen building and fillers for improving skin's volume. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Laser and facial aging

Laser treats superficial wrinkles, lines, and age spots. Superficial is referring to shallow or closest to the top layer of skin. It does tighten when given as a global treatment but it is not the best treatment for sagging skin. From what I can tell from your photos you would benefit from a laser. As far as the sagging skin though you would likely need a face and or neck lift. That would define your jaw line and significantly improve your profile view.

Hope this helps.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon