I Here You Can Get Your Stretched Ears Closed Locally by Dermatologist for Under $300. Is That True?

I know you can go down to Mexico and get them done cheap, but I also heard that local dermatologists do it cheaper. Where and how and is it true?

Doctor Answers 3

Closure of Stretched or Gauged Earlobes in Seattle

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
- As a plastic surgeon who closes gauged earlobes, I recommend that you have this procedure performed by someone who has some experience with this particular procedure. 

-The procedure itself is performed under a local anesthetic and in the office setting.  Pain is minimal and recovery is quick.  

-I recommend meeting with  a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to find out more about the procedure, including cost. 

-Best of luck to you!

Cheap Earlobe Repair?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Cheap is not always best!

I think it's most important to have a good repair.  I strongly recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon - we are used to working with tissue to obtain the best result.

Best of luck,

Jennifer L. Harrington MD


Closing of stretched ear lobes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is possible to get stretched ear lobes closed with surgery.  There may be some dermatologists that perform this procedure, but it would more likely be done by a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon.  The cost is going to vary by physician and also by the amount of work that needs to be done.  If the stretching is a result of heavy earrings that have caused a slit or tear to form, then this most likely would be on the less costly side.  If the stretching is a result of wearing loops in the ear, the procedure can be more involved and cost more.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.