Is it Possible to Surgically Removed Artfill? (photo)

I am trying to find a doctor who has surgically removed Artfill because I have a lump in my tear trough area from the product (.40cc under each eye). My oculoplastic surgeon is willing to remove it, but needs to know what to expect, i.e. consistency, technique, etc.

Doctor Answers 1

Use a transconjuctival approach

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Its best to try non surgical approaches like Kenalog injections first.  If all else has failed, I would approach via a transconjunctival (inside your lower eyelid) incision to minimize scarring and skin damage.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 115 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.