Getting a mommy makeover. What is suggested, lift or not lift with implants? (Photo)

I posted a question before but all the drs were saying my own pic would need to be shown. do I need a lift with getting implants? And what would you suggest for my belly, would it be worth it to lose that little extra of fat beforehand a TT to avoid lipo? (if the cost is part of the TT then i wont bother) I want a mommy makeover but the only thing keeping me back is needing a breathing tube for it. can i avoid it by splitting surgery? Ive had 2 csetions thyroid removal in 1/14 and Rai in 7/14

A Mommy Makeover with or without a Breast Lift

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy.
With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation.   Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct heightmay also be addressed. I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Your surgery should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures you are seeking. For instance, a plastic surgeon who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery is suitable to perform your #BreastAugmentation. Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy Makeover plan

From the photos it certainly looks like you would be a great candidate for a Mommy Makeover. A full Tummy tuck and breast augmentation or without a lift will address your areas of concern. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals with the breast so your surgeon can give you the best approch. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift™.The breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.For your abdomen, I recommend Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement.The mesh reinforcement increases the mechanical strength of the abdominal wall resulting in early satiety, weight loss and maintains the reduced weight.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Getting a mommy makeover. What is suggested, lift or not lift with implants?

• the photos suggest you need a lift but an examination is necessary to know for sure.
  • You will need medical clearance before surgery given your thyroid disease.
  • Discuss with your surgeon the anesthesia s/he recommends and whether to divide the procedures. 

Breast Lift

If your goal is perkier breasts, get a lift. If your goal is fuller and perkier breasts you may with to have an augmentation mastopexy. Look for many, many before and after images to help you learn what the ideal plastic surgeon for you can do. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Lift or no lift

An in person exam by a board certified plastic surgeon is always recommended but judging from your photos you would be a great candidate for a breast lift with an implant.  It doesn't appear that you have a large amount of fat on your abdomen so I don't think you need to worry about loosing a little more weight.  Tightening your muscles that have become separated from pregnancy and removing excess skin will make will make a huge difference on you, you will be very happy with results from a full tummy tuck in my opinion. I recommend general anesthesia for a procedure like this, calling and speaking with an anesthesiologist who will be helping with your surgery may make help ease your fears about the breathing tube. Good luck!

Kevin Rose, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift or just implants with my Mommy Makeover?

Hello and thank you for your question. You have a significant amount of breast ptosis (droopiness). Placing an implant will not help to lift the breast, and, in my opinion, you would be quite dissatisfied with your result if you do not have a breast lift (mastopexy) at the same time.  A breast lift will restore your breasts to a perky position on your chest and reduce the size of your areolae, while the implant will restore volume and fullness to the upper pole of your breast. Based on your photos, I think you will have a great result from a full tummy tuck.  The breathing tube is necessary when undergoing general anesthesia, and both of these procedures require a general anesthesia. I recommend doing the procedures at the same time. This way, you only have one anesthesia event and one recovery period. Additionally, in some practices (mine included) you get a discount when grouping procedures together. I recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options. Be sure to mention your fears with regard to general anesthesia and check the credentialing of the anesthesia provider the surgeon uses.

Best of luck.

A breast lift in addition to the breast augmentation along with the tummy tuck would produce the best result for you.  Find an expert in all of these procedures who has great before and after pictures and great reviews.

Mommy Makeover (breast implant & lift and abdominoplasty) would be ideal

Pregnancy and lactation has exerted the following effects on your body:
a. stretched out the breast skin brassiere, creating droopiness or ptosis;
b. reduced the breast volume superiorly in the area between the collar bones and nipples;
c. stretched out the abdominal wall muscles, producing an exaggerated fullness centered around your belly button.
Breast augmentation-mastopexy goals are: 
1. maintain the blood and nerve supply of the nipple areolar complex, while moving it to a higher position on the chest wall;
2. equalize the volumes of both the intrinsic breast tissue as well as the implant volumes used;
3. downsize the diameter of the areolar complex.
Abdominoplasty goals include:
1. Repair the diastasis recti, (= splay between the right and left "six pack" or rectus abdominis muscles);
2. reshape the belly button and possibly repair any umbilical hernia present;
3. surgical excision of excess, stretch mark damaged skin and fat.
As long as you have pre-op clearance from your primary care physician, follow your PS' instructions about preop labs, postop activities, wound care, etc.  don't fret too much about the need for General Anesthesia.  While I do most of my procedures without an endotracheal tube, other practices may not feel comfortable with alternate anesthesia.  Conquer your fears by educating yourself as much as possible about all aspects of your MM. Good luck.

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Mommy makeover is a great procedure!

It appears as though you could get amazing results with a breast lift with implants and a tummy tuck.  Getting your pre-baby body back is possible!  :)