I had a tummy tuck 10 days ago. I feel like I look disproportionate and odd. (Photo)

I just want to know the truth. I don't feel like this is a positive change so far. Can this all be swelling? The side rolls? Can this resolve or was this a bad tummy tuck?

Tummy tuck recovery does take time - be patient.

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for asking your question.  I have done thousands of abdominoplasties and it is not uncommon to have swelling early after this operation. 

You are now two weeks and should be increasing your activities.  I assume you have been back to work and are not staring fitness walking. 

Most patients find their abdomen is flatter when they awake in the morning and are slightly swollen by early evening - this is normal and will improve over the next few weeks.  If the PS did liposuction of your waist - it too will be swollen for a number of weeks.

If you notice a significant swelling or a slight fluid wave under the lower abdomen - it may represent a seroma.  If this is the case just contact your PS.  I'm sure he / she will see you and assess your abdomen. 

Please be patient, with time, I'm sure you will be very please with the results. 

Scott Barr, MD, FRCSC, Plastic Surgeon
.barrplasticsurgery.com

Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

Post op tummy tuck

To see your final results you will need to wait longer. 10days is a good marker for how you will look, but you need to give the results longer.  I see fullness in the mons and some fullness above the level of your incision. both of these issues if they remain can easily be addressed. I wish you well

10 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (10 days post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
If the fter six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos again, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Too soon to judge

It is way too soon to pass judgement on your results. Your still swollen and it is quite common for that swelling to be asymmetric. Be patient and kind to yourself as your body recovers. It may take up to 6 months for your final results to appear. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

It's too early! Will get better...

Hello Sarah. Swelling that appears differently from side to side is pretty normal. At 10 days, it is too early to see this as a final result. However, persistent swelling and pressure and pain in the lower abdomen should be brought to the attention of your plastic surgeon. Follow closely with your plastic surgeon and consider massage therapy to resolve swelling faster. Best wishes always, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

I had a tummy tuck 10 days ago. I feel like I look disproportionate and odd.

ONY 10 days stop! Allow 3 months healing. To me the only potential issues are possible dog ears>>>>>>>>

Side rolls post TT

I would be patient.This may just be due to swelling or fluid buildup.I would keep pressure over the bulging areas 24/7 except when you shower and see if this can cause it to go down.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - 10 days post - op

Thank you for your question and photos. I do agree there is swelling present, but it appears to be within the expected range this early following surgery. I would not make any judgement regarding your final outcome at this time. It is best to continue wearing your compression garment and have close follow up with your plastic surgeon. Swelling may persist for 6 months following surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with the recovery!

Tummy Tuck Recovery Process

Thank you for your photos. It is a pleasure to answer your question. You are very early on your recovery process. At 10 days post op of a tummy tuck it is very normal to present swelling. As the weeks passes by the swelling and pain will dissipate. You may have bruising, but this will go away as well. Bruising and swelling are normal and only to be expected after most surgeries. The recovery process of this surgical procedure could take from 4 to 6 months to heal completely. I recommend patience and follow up closely with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Early tummy tuck result

Thanks for your question and photos.
Without having seen you pre-operatively or your pre-op photos, I cannot comment how your final outcome would be.  However, it seems like you are healing well. 
You are expected to have swelling during the first 6 weeks; your final outcome can come about after 3-6 months.
If you are concerned, please talk with your plastic surgeon to get reassurance.
Good luck with your recovery.