My breasts are very heavy. I can't enjoy my life with them. They're hurting my back. How can I quality for a reduction? (Photo)

How can I qualify for a breast reduction

#breastlift #plasticsurgery #Breastreduction

Hello Felicia, thank you for your excellent question. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.    Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

Hello and thank you for your question and photo. It is very common for women with large heavy breasts to request smaller uplifted breasts. 

Many women experience pain and discomfort with large heavy breasts. Some will often resort to using multiple bras,  Motrin,  pain medication and attempts at chiropractor or physical therapy. To date, there is no medical or scientific study proving that non-surgical options are of any value in treating this. 

The only treatment that is successful is surgery. Your photos show you would be a very good candidate for a breast reduction. All reductions are also lifts. Insurance coverage varies from plan to plan. I would start with calling your insurance carrier. They will be able to give you the basic coverage requirements. It can be difficult to get insurance companies to cover the procedure, however, if you read the details of your plan and follow through step by step it is manageable. 

You should seek several consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any decisions.

As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care physician.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon