Do you think I would be approved to get a Tummy tuck? (photos)

My name is Joshua Butryn i am 21 years old. My sophomore year i weighed about 280 lbs. and i lost almost 100 of that within 1 & 1/2 years. I hate having this extra skin it reminds me of what i was and not what i have done. I would really just like to know from these pictures do personally think i could get one.

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and photo!  Congratulations on your weight loss!  You would definitely benefit from a Tummy Tuck!  I advise you to seek a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consultation.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified  Plastic Surgeon Chicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

It is difficult to determine without an assessment. Based on your goals, you may want to consider a full tummy tuck. I'd recommend booking a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine what your options would be.

All the best.

Do you think I would be approved to get a Tummy tuck?

Insurance coverage varies by plan, so you'll first need to get a referral from your primary care physician to a recommended board certified plastic surgeon.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photos.  First, congrats on the weight loss!  You appear to be an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck based on your photos alone.  Please be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what would be both best and realistic for you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Possible insurance coverate

I assume that your question is whether your medical insurance company would pay the cost of a tummy tuck? You are definitely a candidate for a cosmetic tummy tuck. Insurance companies do not pay for tummy tucks that are only indicated for cosmetic purposes. However, insurance companies typically will pay for a skin reducing operation on the tummy is there is a medical reason for the operation. The most common medical reason for a skin reducing operation on the tummy is that the fold of skin hangs down so low that it interferes with personal hygiene. From the pictures you attached, it is not possible to determine whether your excess skin interferes with your personal hygiene. Interference with personal hygiene is usually seen more often with women than men because of the different anatomy of the urinary tract system. A surgeon would need to examine you to determine whether a skin reducing operation would be indicated for medical reasons, and then he might be able to convince your insurance company of the medical necessity for the operation.

You will note that I referred to a skin reducing operation rather than a  "tummy tuck" because the medical problems caused by excess skin and fat can be treated with a lesser operation than a tummy tuck, but the cosmetic result will always be better with a tummy tuck.

John J. Bandeian, MD
Bristol Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty after weight loss

Assuming you are healthy, aveominoplasty will help with your excess skin. See your doctor for details on preop management .

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

congrats on your weight loss. From looking at your photos it does seem like you would benefit greatly from a tummy tuck. Whether any of this would be covered under insurance depends on your policy. I have worked with patients like you to assist them in sometimes getting all or part of their procedure covered. See a plastic surgeon who does a lot of tummy tuck/body lifts. Good luck.

Congratulations on your weight loss.  It appears from your photos that you would benefit from a tummy tuck.  Your plastic surgeon can help you with the various options for surgery.  If you're asking if insurance would cover a tummy tuck, then no.  Insurance companies will not cover a cosmetic surgery.  Best wishes.

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Excess Skin After Weight Loss

Dear Joshua,

Congratulations on your weight loss.

You have achieved an amazing accomplishment for you and your health. Unfortunately, one of the few negative effects of losing a lot of weight is being left with excess skin.

A body lift, extended tummy tuck, or tummy tuck are all procedures that can help significantly.

Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with significant experience helping post weight loss patients for an evaluation.

Best of luck with your continued journey,
Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Body Contouring After Weight Loss

Joshua. Thank you for your question and photos. Congratulations on your weight loss. You are certainly a candidate for an extended tummy tuck to address the tummy skin and sides.  A body lift would do both as well as lift the thighs and buttocks and remove more skin from the sides and back.  You will need an in person consultation to discuss your options further.  Take a look at the body lift and tummy tuck boards for pricing information and patient reviews.  Best wishes!