Bad bruise on left breast seems to be there all the time. I had BA 5 years ago. What should I do?

I had saline implants behind the muscle inserted under the breast in 2011 for about 4 years things were perfect now then I started getting a bruise on my left breast right beside the nipple and it seems to be to be getting worse its almost there all the time now and it turns purple sometimes and it looks so scary what should I do? My plastic Surgeon is retired now??

Based on this new onset you should seek an opinion from another board certified plastic surgeon since you have mentioned yours is retired. You may also go to your GP for further diagnostic testing.

Regards, 

Left breast one year bruise

Dear Ash,
  Front and side view pictures would have been very helpful. Without the pictures or physical exam, I would not even begin to speculate about the possibilities.
   Since your surgeon retired, your best mode of action will be to consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeon and be evaluated.
                                         Dr Widder

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your bruising.  Occasionally with significant bruising the skin can become pigmented due to hemosiderin deposits (the breakdown products of blood), but this would not start years after surgery.  Because of the acute change in your breast appearance I would recommend finding a new board certified plastic surgeon in your area for an in-person evaluation.  I am attaching a link below that should help you locate one near your home.  Best wishes. 

Evolving breast bruise

Unfortunately, this makes no sense with respect to your augmentation. It should be investigated by a plastic surgeon or breast surgeon. Perhaps some imaging to determine what is going on. I would seek out a new doctor in short order. 

Bruise years after breast augmentation

Thank you for your questions. I advise you to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and be seen very soon. It is difficult to decide what is gong on without an exam but bruises do not appear without some form of trauma and they do not last an extended period of time. It sounds like something else is going on which is why I strongly encourage you to be seen.

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon

Bruising lasting for extended period of time

I too am unaware of a bruise that lasts for this period of time and I would find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to evaluate your breast.  I would go in for an evaluation because without a picture, its difficult to give any advise.  Best of luck!

Daniel Kolder, MD
Camarillo Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. I agree with the comment below. No bruise lasts for this period of time. If your plastic surgeon is retired I would consider an evaluation with another surgeon in your area. It may be reasonable to consider imaging of your breast in order to evaluate what may be happening. 

Best Wishes
Theodore T. Nyame MD 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Bruise of breast

Sorry to hear about your concern. I know of no bruise that lasts for years and certainly doesn't come years after breast surgery. Without a photo, it's hard to tell what's going on. If your plastic surgeon has retired I would recommend you find a new one and let them look at what's going on and offer guidance. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS