Do I have an inverted V deformity? (photos)

I had a rhinoplasty 4 months ago, and whilst the swelling has gone down Ive noticed that the bridge of my nose looks a little funny. I also can't breathe very well through my nose. Is this an inverted V deformity? Thanks

Inverted V Deformity 4 Months after Rhinoplasty?

Your nasal bones appear wide and it does appear that you have an Inverted V deformity but you are just 4 months after surgery. I'd wait another 4-6 months before evaluating your result but I suspect a revision will be necessary to improve the appearance of your nose.

4 months post op. some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Inverted V

It does look like you have an inverted v deformity.  You will have to wait about a year before you can undergo a revision.  Best of luck.

Inverted V deformity

I would recommend that you see your surgeon to discuss these concerns.  An in office exam to evaluate the external issue as well as your internal breathing problem is indicated.  It certainly appears as though this is an inverted V deformity, which results from the inadvertent separation of your upper nasal cartilages from the nasal bones.  The fact that you are having a more difficult time breathing further supports this deformity.  The treatment is typically the placement of spreader grafts between your septum and the cartilages along the side of your nose.  Be sure you are seeing a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon.  Good luck moving forward. 

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Inverted V deformity

An inverted V deformity is caused by a separation of the upper lateral cartilage from the nasal bones. Based on your photos you have some of this occurring. One way to address this is to re suspend the upper lateral cartilage to the nasal bones with sutures. Spreader grafts as noted below will also likely help.  

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I have an inverted V deformity?

You may have an inverted V and if so, and are having breathing problems, you should discuss with your surgeons. In some cases, spreader grafts may help. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Inverted V after rhinoplasty

while it is still early on in the healing process, it does look as though you are having some midvault collapse based on the pictures that you have sent.  Also you certainly are describing symptoms consistent with this.  The best way to make a diagnosis is with a physical exam - I suggest you give your operating surgeon's office a call and discuss your concerns with them as they will be able to discuss what was done during your surgery with the outcome and what can be done moving forward. Best of luck. 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon