Is there something wrong with my left breast? (Photo)

I am 1 month post op 345CC on left and 385CC on right. and have noticed that my left breast isn't filled out on the bottom like the right side has. I did have asymmetry before so could this be why it looks this way? To the touch, that dent I guess I can call it, feels soft and empty. Will it drop and fill up that dent/space?

Is there something wrong with my left breast?

You are still early in recovery  and the left breast should continue to drop over the next 2-3 months.  Asker her plastic surgeon if you may do breast implant displacement exercises and possibly a bandeau to encourage the higher implant to drop.

Breast augmentation result

Overall you have a nice early result considering your asymmetry pre op. I do see an area under your left breast that is a little hollow looking. If you were my patient I would have you doing some displacement massaging downward on that side. It should improve over next few weeks. Discuss with your surgeon. Good luck.

Combination of asymmetry and poor inferior medial pocket dissection. Sorry. Only re operation can effect improvement.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. I can see your area of concern but at only a month out from surgery your results will still need time to mature into their long-term outcome.  Often the implant dropping phenomenon occurs in the 6-8 week range and I would anticipate the inner lower portion of the breast to round out with implant volume redistribution.  If it does not it may have been the result of insufficient muscle release and may require a small revision procedure.  Hope that this helps. 

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Breast augmentation

It is a bit early for you to see the final results. you should give it 4-6 months at least. Best of luck. 

Thank you for your question. You are still in the healing phase. Please express your concerns to your PS and he/she will guide you. It is not unusual both implants descent at different times. Your pre op asymmetry and different size implants all will matter.

Is there something wrong with my left breast? = follow up with your plastic surgeon #breastaugmentation #breastimplants

Patients with questions and concern about their breast augmentation should contact the plastic surgeon that performed the procedure to address these concerns and determine if there is need any need of management

John Mesa, MD

It typically takes at least 3 months to see the final result so give it some more time to allow for the final implant position.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Post breast augmentation

At only 1 month it is still early in the healing process after breast augmentation and some asymmetry is to be expected. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck!

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon