Uneven Botox results. Can anything be to rectify this? (Photo)

I'm 34 years old and had Botox 4 days ago. I asked the practitioner to give me a small dose as I'm in the mental health field and wanted to still have movement so she used 16 units. Now my left eyebrow is higher than the right and when I try to make a frown the middle is completely frozen. Also the front of the left eyebrow (since it can't move to make a frown) just goes up and the skin below eyebrow in more droopy. Can anything be done to rectify or should I just wait until the Botox starts to subside?

Uneven results after Botox

Wait for the Botox to take full effect before making any adjustments. This is about 2 weeks. Then if asymmetry persist, discuss with your injector.

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

It can take up to two weeks to see full Botox results

Thank you for your question Run 778. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. It can also be used to address the position of the brows. It can take up to two weeks to see full results. I have my patients return two weeks after their treatment to take after photographs so that they can be compared with before photographs to assess results. At that time additional units may be added. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox. Botox can take up to two weeks for total correction of Botox. Follow up with your provider after two weeks to discuss any concerns you may have.To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Full Botox procedure results can take time to appear.

Most patients will see the results of their Botox injection begin to appear after 3 or 4 days but it can day up to 14 days to see the maximum effect. If you are still unhappy with the results after this period has elapsed I would suggest you followup with your doctor.

Anil Sharma, MD
Edmonton Otolaryngologist

Be patient, Botox takes time to kick in

I agree with the other physicians.. You must be patient and wait the full 2 weeks, and then a touch can be done if more is needed.  And since you specifically told your injector to go light, there is a good chance you will need to add more for optimal results.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox

Botox takes approximately 2 weeks to have its full effect.  After this period of time, if your forehead is still uneven, I would make an appointment with your doctor to discuss your results.  Usually, you will be able to get a little touchup to help even things out.  Good Luck!

Waiting for the results after Botox

Botox reaches its full effect after 10-14 days. The Botox is still working and optimal results are not yet visible. Each patient is different and varies on length of time until Botox takes full effect. Some patients notice their results in as little as 5 days, some are much longer, being around 14 days. I would let your Botox settle until it has reached a full 14 days. If you notice some asymmetry still, please go back to your provider for an adjustment.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

4 days post injection

You may want to give it a few more days to judge final results since it has only been 4 days and botox can take a couple weeks before you can see the full result. If at this point you are unhappy with the result, your physician may need to perform small touch ups to address these concerns. Please be sure to consult a board certified plastic surgeon for any of your treatments. Best of luck. James Lee

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Botox results. Can anything be done to rectify this?

Thank you for your question. It does not appear as though your Botox has reached it's full effects. It typically takes 14 days to completely settle in. After 2 weeks, if you are still experiencing some asymmetry, visit your injector and inquire about a small touch up. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox and Results

Botox takes 10-14 days to see the final outcome.  If you are unhappy after that time you need to get a touch up treatment by an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.