Had a tummy tuck a week ago; noticed bulging skin, will these heal and flatten? (Photo)

I want to know if these dog ears or buldging skin will heal?

To early to assess your results

One week after surgery is too early to assess your results. You’ll notice some concerns at this time but usually they gradually resolve on their own as you progress in your recovery. Any concerns that still exist at 6 months should be discussed with your surgeon.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (1 week post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Healing after TT

Based on the photo, the bulging may be swelling of an old stretch mark and will likely improve with time. Talk to your surgeon about possibly taping the incision to aid the process. Best wishes.

Had a tummy tuck a week ago; noticed bulging skin, will these heal and flatten?

Thank you for your question and photograph and congratulations on your tummy tuck! Some pleating of the skin as a result of the surgical excision or suturing method is not uncommon and tends to smooth and flatten with time. Allow your skin at least 3 months of recovery time to see the maturation process, you should see steady improvement.  

Post-Op Tummy Tuck Healing

Healing after the  #tummytuck will take time. I have my patients out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake.  I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  No lifting or straining.  At three weeks increased level of activity and full, no restrictions, at 6 weeks.It has only been a week so you should be a little patient and give the area a little time to heal. Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

Dr derby

Thank you for your question and the photo. You are still very much in your post op process, give it more time to see how all this heals nicely. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD