Tummy tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift, any suggestions what to do first? (photos)

I recently had a tt and bbl consultation via photos as he is outta state. The surgeon actually suggested i get a tummy tuck first and then the bbl. i thought its usually the other way around. He said because i have flacid skin, the bbl will leave me with alot of loose abdominal skin.

Thanks your sharing your question.

You can have both procedures together, based on my experiences patients get great results after this combination. 

Based on my experiencie I typically recommend doing them at the same surgery.

Find a Board certified plastic surgeon with plenty experiences.

Dr. Manuel Diaz

Surgery Options

They can be done simultaneously or staged. If you elect to stage them do the BBL first to maximize amount of fat to transfer, liposuction of your tummy and back should give you ample fat for a substantial increase in size from your BBL. Then, down the road go back for the Tummytuck. The advantage of staging is comfort level, I advise my BBL patients to sleep on their sides and not sit on the area of the buttocks for 2 weeks. Tough to do if recovering from Tummytuck also! Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Tt or bbl order?

these can safely and successfully be combined.  However, if you choose to do then at different times, I would recommend doing the BBL first.  this will leave you with loose skin of your abdomen - which will be tightened with your future tummy tuck.  doing the tummy tuck first will throw away good fat that can be used for the bbl.  also, doing Lipo of the abdomen after the tummy tuck may possibly (but not always) loosen the skin again.  you should really be seen in person by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to further review your options.

Simultaneous vs. Staged Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift

Dear junecheri,

A tummy tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift are most commonly performed together so you can have one single anesthetic and one recovery period.

The procedures may also be staged. If your abdomen is going to be a donor site for the Brazilian Butt Lift, then the BBL should be performed first. Otherwise, either procedure can be performed first.

Warmest wishes,
Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Tummy tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift, any suggestions what to do first?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  The order of procedures will largely depend on your desired outcomes and willingness to have multiple recoveries.  If you are not looking for a substantial increase to your buttock region and do not want to do both procedures in the same setting, I would recommend doing the tummy tuck first and then doing the BBL.  It appears that by contouring your buttock with liposuction while harvesting additional fat from your mid/low back, waist, and hips you would have enough to augment your buttocks in the BBL.  Hope this helps.

Tummy Tuck or BBL?

Thank you very much for your question.

I typically recommend doing them at the same surgery.

If the procedures need to be staged, they can be done in either order.  However, if you need fat to be harvested from the abdomen to get the buttock result you want, then you should do the BBL before the abdominoplasty.

If your surgeon thinks they can get enough fat from other areas that you are concerned about and not need the abdominal fat, it won't matter if you got the abdominoplasty first.

I would talk with your surgeon again and see why they recommended this particular order.

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Which to do first.

I would do the Brazilian Butt Lift first because I might want to use the extra fat that's in the abdomen. If you do them together, it will require flipping the patient over twice which in my mind takes too long. If done together, I find the patients have a difficult recovery in is not a good way to get in and out of a chair or bed that's comfortable and doesn't put pressure on the new fat grafts in the rear end. You can then come back 6 to 8 weeks later and both touchup the Brazilian Butt Lift and then do in abdominoplasty in one sitting. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck and BBL

Thank you for your question and you photos. I often combine tuck and BBL in one surgery. This saves you money and allows you to only have one recovery.  Of course, the first week of recovery is a little tougher then doing both procedures separately. However if you are going to stage these procedures, I would recommend BBL first followed by tummy tuck.  It's always best to do a thorough consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon in person. Best of luck! 

Dr. Dhaval Patel 

hoffman estates, oak brook, Barrington, Naperville 

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Surgery Scheduling

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who will do a face-to-face physical examination rather than working via photos only.  I often combine tummy tuck and BBL into one procedure if the patient is healthy and able to tolerate. This way, the patient only has to recovery from surgery one time.  To find a board certified plastic surgeon review surgery.org. 

Wishing you the best,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Buttock Lift (BBL) and Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck): Information

Dear Ms. Junecheri,

Thank you for your questions.

Brazilian Buttock Lift (BBL) and tummy tuck procedures are often completed at one surgical event.

Unfortunately with out a review of your past/current medical history and a exam of your tissues I can can only comment based your story, however I hope you find my comments helpful.

MULTIPLE PROCEDURES
Only after a complete review of your medical history and a complete exam can the final decision be made on how many procedures can be performed in one setting.
Assuming no major health issues the procedures you desire are often done in one surgical setting.

RECOVERY
Hopefully, you will be meeting with your Plastic Surgeon prior to your surgery to go over all the pre and post operative instructions and to answer all your questions.
I suggest you make a written list of your questions.

BBL:
In general, most patients have recovered in the 2 week peroid of time.
I allow my patients to sit on their buttock areas when their is no longer any pain.
I suggest you purchase a BBL pillow type pillow to place the majority of your weight on your thighs while sitting.
Gentle postoperative massage of the harvest areas is recommended. Purchase a hand held massager and massage oil and use as tolerated as the post operative pain remits for the first several months.
I also recommend Vellashape III (radio frequency) to help shrink the skin over the fat harvest areas.

TUMMY TUCK:
Likewise, most patients have recovered in the 2 week peroid of time and are abel to return to a non physically demanding job.
You will be abel to walk in the erect position 4 days after 

While there are many excellent surgeons in other states.
However I would strongly advise to have your surgery within driving distance of your home.
Why:
1) pre and post operative appointments
2) what happens if you have a intraoperative complication? What medical care is a available is available? Will your insurance cover the complication? Who pays if you required a air ambulance to be brought home?
3)What if you need a revision?
4)it's best not to fly for several weeks after surgery (pain, blood clots, etc).
5)price should be only one of the factors... The savings could be more based on
air flights, lodging, travel time, inconvenience especially if a revision would be needed.

I suggest you make several appointments with experienced Plastic Surgeons in your local area, who have in office financing options and who are not only Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery but in addition ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best wishes and success,

Dr. R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600