Tummy tuck after gástric bypass 143lbs weight loss. Am I ready? Will I need implants? I need opinions on what I need. (Photo)

Hi I'm 25 years old 5'5 currently about 200 lbs my insurance approved my tummy tuck and Breast lift. I plan on having surgery in August so I have time to lose 20-30 lbs my waist is small because I've been waist training, will I still need lipo or just the tummy tuck? Also I am currently a 36D I don't want implants but I don't want very small Breast is it possible to mantain a size close to mine once the lift is done? Or will I need an implant. I'm I still tLk heavy ? this skin is very depressing

Breast and body contouring options

Thank you for the question and photos and congratulations on the weight loss.  An extended tummy tuck and a breast lift will likely be your best option.  The exact procedures that you should choose, however, will depend on your goals and your preferences.  Once you're within 10 pounds or so of your goal you should be able to proceed with your surgery.  I always perform liposuction of the abdomen and waist with tummy tuck surgery.  I know that not all plastic surgeons prefer this so you will have to follow your selected plastic surgeons lead.

Dr. Remus Repta

Ideal Weight for a Mommy Makeover w/Augmentation Mastopexy

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. It is best to undergo #MommyMakeover procedures when your weight has been stable for at least one year.  In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity.The intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.

Procedures

Thank you for your questions and photos.  It appears that you benefit from some lipo as well as the tummy tuck.  Also, you do not seem to need implants, as you can maintain good breast volume.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Procedures

Hello, i think you would benefit from a complete tummy tuck + Liposculpture + Bbl + breast lift. I would use implants underneath the pectorals muscles, and excise the skin excess. If you really don't want implants, you could have them lifted without it, but i truly believe the outcome won't be as good. Best wishes.

Luis Tactuk Simo, MD

Expectations

Its important you understand the limitations of the procedures your insurance company approved. A tummy tuck is not a paniculectomy. Most insurance companies do not approve tummy tucks but they do approve paniculectomy. The difference between these two procedures is huge. I direct you back to your PS for a thorough discussion of these procedures. Good luck and be well.

Kevin Maguire, MD
Vermont Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for mommy makeover.

After your profound weight loss it looks as though you would benefit from mastopexy. Your breasts look fairly large so I don't think you need breast implants. The abdominoplasty might require a vertical component for the best results. Physical examination would establish this.

Ready for a Mommy Makeover?

Hi there thank you for your question and your photos. Congratulations on your weight loss. It seems like once you’re within about 10 lbs of your goal weight you should be in a good place to have your procedures. For now it seems like you’d benefit from extended tummy tuck and a breast lift, however this all depends on your ultimate goals. If you’re still wondering then I encourage you to have a conversation with the board certified plastic surgeon who will be performing your procedures. Best to you. –Dr. Coan.

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Good candidates for a mommy makeover

It looks like you're ready for your body contouring procedure.  You'll most likely need a breast lift with implants and a tummy tuck.  Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Tummy tuck after gástric bypass 143lbs weight loss. Am I ready? Will I need implants? I need opinions on what I need.

Hi lady.  The best option in your case is lipo of your back, extended Tummy Tuck and breast lift with implants, the implants are necessary to keep a good side of your breast. If you can lose more weight it would be perfect. Good luck and am at your command.
                                                                        Dr. Manuel Marte.

Manuel Marte, MD

Mommy Makeover options

If you could lose the 20-30 lbs this would be helpful.  But it does appear that you would be a good candidate for an extended type of tummy tuck and breast lift, possibly with implants.  If you are satisfied with your present breast size, then the lift alone should be fine for you.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with extensive mommy makeover experience.  Best wishes, Dr Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon