Does this TT wound look like it's healing? Is this color OK? (Photo)

Hi, I am 5 weeks post tt. I had a several scabs after they removed my CG 5 Weeks post tt. Many were very small and have proceded to fall revealing a healthy scar undeneath. However, the one at the center was larger and my PS started me on silver sulfa 2 x day. Scan fell off and got better however no progress for the last 10 days or so. Also wondering if this color is ok. How long will a wound like this take to heal? I am a healthy non smoker.

Open wound

Unfortunately these wound take a while to heal but the good news is that it will heal and surprisingly the scar typically looks very acceptable. Continue to follow your surgeons recommendations and you should do well.

Tummy tuck wound

Thanks for your inquiry.  You seem to have an involved plastic surgeon and in my opinion that is the most important factor in your healing.  You need to understand that this wound may take weeks to heal, but that does not mean you will not get a good result.  Good Luck.  

TT wound

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you need good local wound care and possibly some debridement in the office. Please see your PS for evaluation.

Does this TT wound look like it's healing? Is this color okay?

I am sorry to see your wound healing difficulties but it does appear that your body is starting to fill in the wound from the inside out.  This will likely take a month or more to fully heal, but may be accelerated by removing what appears to be fibrinous tissue within the wound base.  Talk to your surgeon about the need for a small debridement procedure.  Hope this helps.

Likely ok

It looks like the wound is fairly superficial. We often see delayed healing and/or spitting of sutures over the pubic area where there is hair. Unlikely to be a longterm problem but do keep a clean dressing on the area and don't use peroxide or alcohol on it as this can slow wound healing.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op Healing fro Tummy Tuck

Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks. Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area  can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.If your CG has noted that your wound is healing progressively there should not be anything to worry about. If it does open up, or start to drain again, then you should never hesitate to visit your plastic surgeon in person to have the area evaluated for proper healing. Best of luck!

Wound healing after Tummy Tuck

Thank you for the question and photo.  Although its hard to know without a closer inspection, the skin surrounding the area seem normal and healthy.  This is often an indication that the wound itself is doing well with fairly low inflammation.  The fact that it is also shallow and has some healing tissue around it are also good indicators that healing is likely progressing well.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD