Tip rhinoplasty something I can consider? (photos)

I always disliked my nose even as a child. It was always so pointy and made me look less feminine. Is getting a tip rhinoplasty would help me or something I can consider?

Tip rhinoplasty

Based on the pictures you provided a tip rhinoplasty and chin augmentation will to refine you facial features.  You need to consult with a rhinoplasty specialist to determine what they suggest. 

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tip rhinoplasty something I can consider?

The far majority of patients require a full rhinoplasty, not a tip plasty. Consider a chin implant to help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose.

Is a tip rhinoplasty right for me?

I would say that based on the pictures you provided, you are probably a candidate for a tip rhinoplasty. When you see a plastic surgeon, try to be as specific as possible when communicating what you don't like. You might also want to consider a chin implant.

This might also be a situation where bringing in pictures of noses you find attractive would be helpful to the surgeon, keeping in mind that they can't "make" you that nose, but rather give them an idea of what to shoot for.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Tip Rhinoplasty

A tip rhinoplasty would be able to change the tip of your nose to less pointy and slightly shorter making it more feminine in appearance.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Can I Consider a Tip Rhinoplasty?

Certainly you should consider surgery limited to the tip but you want a strong balanced nose after the rhinoplasty. You should also consider possibly slight augmentation of the bridge. An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will discuss your options so you can make an educated decision after considering all your options.

Improving  and refining the tip are frequent requests of patients wanting nasal refinement. It is possible to improve the cosmetic appearance of the tip alone without altering the rest of the nose in some patients. Whether the optimal option in your particular situation would be a tip rhinoplasty alone or an artistically performed natural appearing full rhinoplasty would best be determined at a consultation. Either procedure can be performed with a closed or open approach. Nasal cosmetic surgery and a chin implant are frequently performed together in the appropriate patient with a receded chin.  The ideal aesthetic result should be individualized to achieve harmony with your other facial features and improve the areas that concern you.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tip deprojection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a nasal tip deprojection to decrease the overall size of your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD