Hi, I suffer from under eye bags .. I have them All my life ... I don't want surgery. Any suggestions?

Can anyone Provide feedback on boloterro ? Or other treatment option

Non surgical treatment for bags

There are various treatments for under eye bags that may not include surgery including good skin care,  fillers, laser tightening/resurfacing or botox. However, it would be best to seek consultation with an eyelid specialist to determine the best option for you ( surgical vs non surgica) l to better inform you of your options, risks and benefits.  The treatment depends on your age, anatomy, heredity, skin type etc. Hope this helps!

Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

Filler

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

The eyes are best treated with a combination approach of fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP for improvement. Ultherapy/thermage, venus legacy all do well for swelling or puffiness. I would suggest consulting an expert. If surgery is an option they will recommend. Best, Dr. Emer

A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Please help us respond to your questions by providing a photograph of the eye area.  Fillers are fantastic.  Are the going to be right for you?  I personally do not like Belotero for the eye area.   It tends to migrate too much for the precision needed for the area area.  I much prefer Restylane. 

NO PICTURES NO ANSWERS

It would be irresponsible to give you any advice without good quality photographs, and any analysis and specific options without a hands on physical examination.

Luis Villar, MD, FACS

Upper lid bags

HA fillers are a good way to smooth out the area and make the fat less noticeable.  Belotero is one that is frequently used there and works well.  Restylane is the other.  Pictures would be helpful for us to make recommendations. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment for under eye bags

Under eye bags can have different causes.  The most common cause would be protruding fat under the eyes that causes the bags.  In this instance, there are two main treatment options.  Surgery can be done to directly address the bags or a filler can be injected below the bags to help camouflage them.  The surgical option is longer lasting than the filler option.  If you were to use a filler, I would recommend one of the hyaluronic acid fillers, which Belotero is.  My personal preference would be to use Restylane in this area.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon