Suboxone and anesthesia.

How long before breast augmentation surgery do I need to stop taking suboxone. I'm on very low dose. About 1mg. Will it affect anesthesia? Is 5 days enough Ike for it to clear out of system? I know it had a half life if 24-72 hours and I need to stop in enough Time to manage pain post op but I'm worried about how it will interfere with surgery itself especially anesthesia.

Sub ozone and anesthesia.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your decision to pursue a breast augmentation. Your question is best answered by the physician that prescribes your suboxone therapy.  There is a balance in patients weaning themselves from narcotic dependence while still appropriately managing your pain from surgery.  Have your plastic surgeon, anesthesiologist, and suboxone physician all speak with one another in order to best manage your medications.  

Suboxone and BA

Thank you for your question.This is something you will want to discuss with your medical doctor who is prescribing you the Suboxone. They will need to put you on a tapering program that will be safe and effective for you then you will need to be medically cleared for surgery before your plastic surgeon can perform the breast augmentation on you. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon