Stitches Not Healed 2 Weeks After Breast Augmentation, I've been applying vitamin E oil, will that help it heal faster? (photo)

I've had my BA 2 weeks ago and when I got my stitches removed there was a big gap that wasn't stitched properly now it has dried "Pus" from time to Time . I'm scared will it heal properly I've been applying vitimine E oil hoping it will heal faster because it gets soft after showers

Delayed Wound Closure

I do not recommend applying Vitamin E to your incisions due to evidence that redness, various reactions and increased scarring can result. There has been some evidence to indicate that Vitamin E interferes with Collagen synthesis in early wound healing. Talk with your Plastic Surgeon about proper treatment for this opening.

All the best

Crusting after BA

there could be a buried suture which is or was rejecting instead of absorbing.  This usually resolves but will heal more rapidly if the suture is removed.  Hopefully the breast is not swollen tender and shows no signs of infection which could be much more serious. your operating surgeon should be able to diagnose the problem and appropriately treat it.

Needs a check

Your plastic surgeon needs to evaluate this open area.  The implant is down under the wound and attention to healing is important.

Vitamin E is used for scarring to prevent over-healing. You need to heal first and then address scarring.

BA incision concern

Thank you for your question. I recommend you to see your PS for evaluation. I do not recommend bit E on open wound.

Scar

Thank you for the photo but see your surgeon or other expert as you want to get that area healed ASAP to avoid an implant exposure

Dr Corbin

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast healing from inside

It looks like you had some skin separation. We do not recommend vitamin E for any incision. Please contact your surgeon to have them evaluate the skin.

Arthur Shektman, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Slow healing after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photo.  I am sorry to hear about your complication.  From what I can see, you have some superficial delayed healing.  Best to check with your surgeon for optimal incision wound care.  In my practice, I would advise against using vitamin E as I have seen many patients develop skin irritation.  Once it has fully healed, silicone scar therapy is best for scar maturation.   Good luck.  

Incision healing after breast augmentation

thank you for your question. The majority of your incision looks like it is healing very well. There is one small area left to heal. This does not look like it's infected from the photograph. However it appears to be dried scar tissue that has formed after the incision may have opened.  At this time I do not believe vitamin E is going to be helpful over the specific area. There are several options in terms  of taking care of the small area.  These issues do occur from time to time and it is part of surgery.  I thoroughly recommend that you return to your plastic surgeon as soon as you can to discuss the options to help heal this area faster.

Gerald L. Yospur, MD
Mesa Plastic Surgeon

Stitches Not Healed 2 Weeks After Breast Augmentation, I've been applying vitamin E oil, will that help it heal faster?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  It appears that your incision suffered a small separation and your body is trying to heal it from the inside-out.  This may take several weeks to fully resolve but because of the proximity to your implant, I would alert your surgeon to this issue and maintain close follow up so that no other issues develop.  Hope this helps.