Septum piercing after septorhinoplasty? (Photos)

I had a septorhinoplasty done 13 months ago. I did not previously have my septum pierced as my septum was so deviated my entire nose was crooked and it wouldn't look right, but I have always wanted one. Would it be possible to have it pierced? Would I risk damage to my nose and/or septum? I've included a photo of the under side of my nose before and after for reference on its shape. Thanks!

Don't recommend piercing

I don't know what your prior surgeon did, but I would recommend against piercing your columella.  It is possible there is graft or cartilage work there that is important to your tip support.  Additionally, the septum could be slightly softer if cartilage was taken during the operation and the hole from a piercing could enlarge to become a perforation.

Lastly, there is always the risk of reactivity from the metal or infection - totally not worth it after you have done so much to get your nose fixed in my opinion.

Hope that helps,

Christopher C. Chang, MD

Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Septal piercing

Piercing of this are may lead to infection or other problems. I would not tempt fate with your results.  Best of luck.