Rippling seen 3 wks after breast lift (anchor) and 350 cc moderate plus implants. 5'1 and a half - 104 to 108 pounds.Suggestion?

Implants are too big and as a result after three weeks there is noticeable rippling on the sides and beneath when I bend over. will this get worse in time? How much swelling is still present at 3 weeks? Was a very saggy b cup before and wanted to be about a cup larger. Selected 350 based on losing some volume during lift and placed under muscle. breast diameter around 11.5. What can I do to prevent (if anything) rippling and how soon before I can get a smaller implant? Thanks!

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I have to say that whitout pictures I cannot check if it's rippling or not, also you are still on healing process, final results can be seen after 4 to 6 months, hugs!

Rippling

First, at three weeks you are likely still swollen, it can take months for the swelling to completely resolve. Rippling can occur if the tissues are thin. Best to be evaluated in person.

Implants are too big + rippling at three weeks

Thank you for your question.  Although you may be distressed at the current appearance of your breasts, 3 weeks postop is too early to make any final judgement.  If you wish to consider a revision, I would suggest waiting at least 3 months before making such a decision.  Visit your surgeon and discuss your concerns and needs and formulate a plan of action.  Make sure that you communicate well with your surgeon and that you both see eye to eye.  Best of luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Rippling seen 3 weeks after breast lift and augmentation.

At just three weeks post op breast lift and augmentation it is too early to judge your final result.  You are probably still swollen and I would not suggest considering an implant size change for at least 3 to 4 months.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  But give things time to settle.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon