Rhinoplasty on wide, crooked nose with wide nostrils. (photos)

How much improvement can I expect from a rhinoplasty? What type of work would it require? Do I require an open rhinoplasty or will a closed one improve the appearance? I have seen three experts and have been given two different answers. I have also been told by one doctor that I have thicker skin and the other doctor that I do not. Finally, am I dreaming to think that my results could ever look like the third photo or even more refined?

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards 

Wide crooked nose

This is a complex nose and requires an in person consultation and evaluation.  The goals are reasonable.  I would probably do an open rhinoplasty primarily for the tip refinement. The dorsum would likely require some grafting with septal or ear cartilage. It is hard to comment on skin thickness from a photo but I expect it is medium.  There is a good likelihood of an outcome that will meet your expectation.

Wayne F. Larrabee, MD

Rhinoplasty on wide, crooked nose with wide nostrils

In order to evaluate your desires optimally - you need to understand some fundamental principles of Rhinoplasty. These should be conveyed to you by your Doctor at your consultation. Generally speaking, your nose can be markedly improved- in the right hands. I believe you can expect to closely approximate  your result.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty expectations

Thank you for the question and photos.  Just about anything is possible.  If you do tend to have thick skin it will be more important to consider cartilage graft to raise and narrow your bridge.  This will allow less lower of the nasal tip as well.  Discuss this with your plastic surgeon as this may be needed if they go in there and they find very thick skin.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD