What do the notes my surgeon wrote after Rhinoplasty mean? (Photo)

Hi this is what my surgeon wrote on my medical notes what he trimmed under Tip lateral crura. What does this mean exactly? Did he trim cartilidge from my bulbous tip? Also 2mm doesn't seem much and I had quite a bulbous tip so I am concerned 2mm wasn't enough to trim. Where exactly did he trim this on my nose? Thank you so much!

How much of an effect would trimming 2mm. from the nose produce as a result?

Thanks for the question.  You neglected to describe what effect the surgical trimming had created on your nose.  I would also think it would be beneficial to see a before and after photos of your nose.  As would always be suggested, I would ask your Plastic Surgeon specifically about this.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Notes and surgeon

You should ask your surgeon what he meant by 2mm trim and what area. Only he would know for sure. ....

Operative note interpretation

You should discuss directly with your surgeon since he or she knows your condition and anatomy best.  The amount of cartilage removed isn't as important as what is left to support your nose. 

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Trimming the posterior portion of your tip cartilages may have been performed to achieve tip rotation.

You would have to ask your surgeon for an exact explanation, since the verbiage is vague. The "posterior" portion of your tip is the alar cartilage closest to your face, and furthest from the front of your nose. Trimming the posterior aspect of the alar cartilages may be considered for achieving tip rotation. Hope this helps. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon