Would rhinoplasty mess up my nose even further? (Photos)

I really hate my nose. It makes my face look fat and monkeyish. Ive always been insecure bout my nose since second grade. I want to get surgery done to a point where it will look even on my face. I want to decrease the tip and make it a bit more defined. My nose is similar to henry cavils nose when not smiling but its just more wider. I dont know what to do. Please help.

Choose the right surgeon for rhinoplasty

If you choose the right surgeon, significant improvement in the nose can be obtained.  If you pick the wrong surgeon, it can be made worse.  Look for a surgeon who has dedicated a significant component of their practice to the discipline of rhinoplasty and has a large photo gallery demonstrating their work of noses similar to your own

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and pictures. You have a low radix and would benefit from a graft in that area. Then the nose would be narrowed with osteotomies (bony cuts) and the tip cartilages refined and given more projection with another graft. I think that would give you what you are after.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from decreasing the width of your alar base.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD