Rhinoplasty - crooked nose after 2 weeks. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had a open rhinoplasty done 2 weeks ago - cartilage was added to my tip and I had a dorsal humo shaved down. Although I was immensely happy after the cast came off and my nose was perfectly straight, over the next few days my nose appears to be crooked. There is a hump where the humo was shaved down and my nose looks almost the same as it did before - I am starting to get anxious and think that the surgery was all for nothing. Please advise (it's been 2 weeks post op)

At 2 weeks you are still very swollen. One side may appear more swollen then the other since its healing and that doesn't happen symmetrically. Give your nose time to heal and remember that it takes at least a year to see the final results. If you have any concerns please follow up with your surgeon.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty - swelling

At 2 weeks, you are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD