No result after having PRP injection for hair loss. Should I think I'm the unlucky ones?

Been just over 3 and half months Doctor said results will start to show at the 3 months mark but nothing. I have miniaturized hair in crown no bald spot. Should I go for second sitting.

3-6 months before PRP hair growth, second treatment recommended.

Firstly, 3 months is very easy. It does take 3-6 months before results are seen. Additionally most of us perform 2-3 session spaced 2--3 months apart. 

Evaluation at 6 months is ideal. Not all patients respond. Some PRP patients maintain hair, others gain hair. IF one can reduce hair loss, this can also be considered as successful. Baseline and follow up photos will reveal all in time. 

All the best 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist 
Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Three months and No results from PRP

It takes at least three months for a new hair to grow so I would not expect you to see any results after 3 months.  You should cosine getting an additional treatment in one to two months and see the full effect.  Please keep us posted. Best, Dr. Green

PRP for Hair Loss

PRP, ACell or stem cell treatments for hair restoration have been out for a few years now. Despite of the fact that the PRP procedure is offered by some doctors in US, we still don't have enough evidence to its effectiveness.  I personally don't offer it in my office at this point and won't be offering it in the future unless its effectiveness is documented through scientific studies.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP expected responses ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, the response from PRP injections is time-related and dependent upon the protocol used. Assuming enough PRP was injected to produce a dose response, the following is usually observed. In the first three months, one should notice a decrease in any hair loss. Following this, one may notice an increase in hair thickness. Hair regrowth will not be noted for at least 3 to 6 months. The ability for hair to regrow is dependent upon the length of time that the hair has been dormant. If hair has been dormant for more than three years, it is difficult to get regrowth . If there are vellus hairs,  it may take as much as a year to get the vellus hairs to thicken to the size of terminal hairs. It is important to be patient. As different protocols exist, I would suggest an additional one or two treatments to ensure that the PRP has reached a significant doseage level to give a response.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

PRP for Hair Loss --- Combine with Injectable Progesterone Monthly

This needs at least 6 monhtly treatments to determine what is best. Combine with progresterone for better outcomes.  Dr. Emer.