Can I get a regular facelift after having a lifestyle lift done 10 years ago? (photos)

I had a lifestyle lift 10 years ago and I am 55 years old now. I was wondering if I will be able to get a regular facelift or mini facelift within the next couple of years? I was happy with the lifestyle lift but I feel that I want to do it a different way the next time if it's possible not the lifestyle way.

Revisionary Facelift Is Common

Thank you for your question, Catlover952000. It's quite common to undergo a revisionary facelift 10 or more years after a primary facelift, including a specialty surgery such as the Lifestyle Lift. Your secondary procedure can be fully tailored to meet your specific needs, improving the areas that bother you most and reinvigorating the results of your original facelift. See a board-certified plastic surgeon in person to learn more about the right approach for you, and good luck!

Secondary Facelift Is Common

Hi there, and thanks for your question. It's quite common to undergo secondary facelift surgery about a decade or so after a primary facelift, including a Lifestyle Lift. A traditional facelift can offer you a deeper, more significant, longer-lasting improvement that will work in harmony with the results of your original lift. It's important to seek out a board-certified plastic surgeon who is skilled in revisionary surgery to ensure you get the best results.

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

#facelift after #lifestyleLift

Yes you can have a facelift after a lifestyle lift and this is commonly performed. Choose a plastic surgeon who has experience in facelifts.

Facelift: choosing your #plasticsurgeon
Experience matters. According to #ASPS, the average surgeon only does about 25 facelifts each year. We currently do 150-200 which amounts to thousands during the last decade.
Surgeons can be qualified for a variety of reasons, but you can help select one with the following info:
  • Board Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgeons
  • not ..... Board of Cosmetic surgeons
  • member of ASAPS
  • years of experience
  • referral from a friend who is happy

Second facelift after a Lifestyle Lift

Thank you for your picture.  It is possible to have a repeat facelift.  Having a Lifestyle Lift prior has no bearing on whether you can have another facelift if needed.  You certainly do not have to have your facelift performed with local anesthesia (Lifestyle Lift method) the next time around.

Can I get a regular facelift after having a lifestyle lift done 10 years ago

Thank you for ypour question. Yes you have a second face lift.  Typically, subcutaneous face lifts will last 10 years.  Revision facelifts can be more involved depending the amount of scar tissue present.  Consult with a a board certified Plastic Surgeon. 

Can I get a regular facelift after having a lifestyle lift done 10 years ago?

Yes, you should be able to havesome type of facelift 10 years after a previous one.  Based upon the attached photo there is evidence of jowls as well as excess fatty tissue in front and below the cheeks which makes the face appear elongated.  This excess fatty tissue can be reduced with micro-liposuction during the minimal incision facelift procedure.  If you have "jowls" this is sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured. The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

•very small incisions
•minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
•can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
•no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
•excess fat can be removed
•excess skin removed
•cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Perlane) or facial implants
•most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
Hope this helps.

Secondary facelift

It is not uncommon and works well to do a secondary facelift and 10 years out is a typical time. The "Life Style Lift" is similar to the smaller lifts that were done many years ago before the deep plane lifts we widely used. They didn't last too long because not much if any deeper work was done. The first lift to some degree determines the incision placement for the second even if wasn't optimal. Other than that results from a seconday lift should be excellent.

Wayne F. Larrabee, MD

Facelift after lifestyle lift.

Hi catlover, I practice in Michigan very near to the place where lifestyle lift originated.  I have seen many patients who have had lifestyle lifts in the past and are now wanting a facelift or minifacelift depending on what their concerns are. These are usually very successful and the only thing that can occasionally not be completely corrected are the previous scars if they need to be. During the consultation your concerns and their correction would be addressed and the expected out come would also be discussed.  The choice of mini versus full facelift will depend on the areas you want improved. Good luck.

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Facelift after Lifestyle Lift

Thank you for your question.  Yes, you would still be able to proceed with a facelift.  Based on your photos, you may also have some midface volume loss and facial asymmetry that might benefit from other procedures.   I would recommend consultation with a facial plastic surgeon to discuss what option is best for you.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Facelift after lifestyle lift.

The answer to your question is yes. It is very common for people to have a secondary facelift/mini-lift after an initial facelift. An experienced surgeon in this procedure should be able to give you a good result with seamless incisions.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon