Can I get a regular facelift after having a lifestyle lift done 10 years ago? (photos)

I had a lifestyle lift 10 years ago and I am 55 years old now. I was wondering if I will be able to get a regular facelift or mini facelift within the next couple of years? I was happy with the lifestyle lift but I feel that I want to do it a different way the next time if it's possible not the lifestyle way.

Secondary facelift

It is not uncommon and works well to do a secondary facelift and 10 years out is a typical time. The "Life Style Lift" is similar to the smaller lifts that were done many years ago before the deep plane lifts we widely used. They didn't last too long because not much if any deeper work was done. The first lift to some degree determines the incision placement for the second even if wasn't optimal. Other than that results from a seconday lift should be excellent.

Facelift after lifestyle lift.

Hi catlover, I practice in Michigan very near to the place where lifestyle lift originated.  I have seen many patients who have had lifestyle lifts in the past and are now wanting a facelift or minifacelift depending on what their concerns are. These are usually very successful and the only thing that can occasionally not be completely corrected are the previous scars if they need to be. During the consultation your concerns and their correction would be addressed and the expected out come would also be discussed.  The choice of mini versus full facelift will depend on the areas you want improved. Good luck.

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Facelift after Lifestyle Lift

Thank you for your question.  Yes, you would still be able to proceed with a facelift.  Based on your photos, you may also have some midface volume loss and facial asymmetry that might benefit from other procedures.   I would recommend consultation with a facial plastic surgeon to discuss what option is best for you.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Facelift after lifestyle lift.

The answer to your question is yes. It is very common for people to have a secondary facelift/mini-lift after an initial facelift. An experienced surgeon in this procedure should be able to give you a good result with seamless incisions.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sure! Just make sure you're in good hands

You can certainly have another facelift someday if needed. The second is a little trickier than the first so make sure you go to a qualified surgeon. Part of the downfall of the Lifestyle Lift was that it was just a franchise operation. There may not be much difference in how you cook a hamburger at McDonalds, but it takes a little most finess to do a facelift. I'm not saying that they were all bad surgeons -- many were very good, but it was really just a marketing scheme. 

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Can I get a regular facelift after having a lifestyle lift done 10 years ago?

Hello! Thank you for your question! I hope that these answers help! The facelift procedure is an excellent method for shaping the fave and create a sculpted face and jawline as well tightening the laxity of your skin and soft tissue. This will rid much of the wrinkles and laxity while adding volume to your face which has been lost with normal facial aging. abdomen after the procedure. It is a popular procedure for facial rejuvenation and restoration of a more youthful and invigorated appearance that will last for several years. Women and men of all ages are candidates for these surgical procedures.

Short scar and mini facelifts are excellent for those who need mild to moderate tightening. It has the benefits of a shorter scar, shorter downtime, with a very natural result by lifting in a vertical direction. The traditional facelift is also an excellent modality with a more conventional tightening of both the skin and underlying tissue as well. Both should address the jawline and the cheek areas to add fullness. Fat grafting has also been a wonderful adjunct to add fullness into the cheeks, malar area, and periorbital region. Other procedures that are commonly performed together are with the blepharoplasty, brow lift, mid-face lift, and neck lift. Given your description, consideration for a facelift with fat grafting would do well. Without photos or examination, it is difficult to give full recommendations.

You should consult with a plastic surgeon well-versed with facial aesthetic surgery at anytime to go over options in order to assist you in deciding which procedure(s) would be right for you. Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Revision Facelift after Lifestyle Lift

You can certainly get a revision lift after a lifestyle lift. By your pictures, you appear to be a candidate for a minilift or a lift that is less invasive and has less downtime than a standard facelift. Many surgeons, including myself, can perform these in the office setting. You want to make sure they have extensive experience with revision facelifts, since occasionally, it can be difficult to create natural looking results and inconspicuous scars in certain revision situations. Good Luck.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Secondary facelift

Yes, you should be able to get another facelift in the next couple of years. The Lifestyle Lift is a trademark name but the techniques for the facelift depended on the surgeon performing it. A "traditional" face lift or "mini" lift, whatever the technique may be will depend on the degree of laxity and location of laxity at the time of your consultation which should be with a board certified plastic surgeon who has good knowledge and versatility in the different techniques for facelift surgery.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Facelift after 10 years

The short answer to your question is Yes. You can have a facelift to rejuvenate your face after a Lifestyle Lift or any other facelift modality. As you have seen, the aging process will continue and after 10 years you are considering a touch up of your original procedure. You provided limited views of your photo. I will still recommend to consult with a board certified Facial/Plastic Surgeon.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Secondary Facelifts

In most cases, having a prior facelift, does not prevent a future facelift. The type of lift needed can vary depending on your present appearance. There are many variations of facelifts and the difference can vary from the anesthesia used to the depth and degree of lifting.  It is best to obtain a few opinions to help you decide what is best for you.

Stephen Fink, DO FAOCO
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon