Regret permanent make up tattoo on eyebrows. Want them remove. Any suggestion?

Hello i just have my eyebrows done 5 days ago. And i don't like the outcome the other one is higher. Anyway, i ask the PMA what kind of ink she used. She told me it has iron oxide. Now i'm depressed even more. Is there a way that my tattoo will be removed? Thank you for answering. Pls help

Permanent Makeup Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question. I have performed many permanent makeup tattoo removal treatments and would recommend Pico laser technology once your tattoo is completely healed. My preference is the multi wavelength PiQo4 laser that can target 96% of ink colors.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

Lasers can be used to remove tattoos it will take a series of treatments for improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Laser treatment of iron oxide tattoo

Iron oxide tattoos when treated can result in paradoxical darkening when treated for removal, so be very very careful and try a test spot before you treat the entire brow.  Iron pigments are used to brighten skin, highlight your new brows and to put pinkness into your skin.  When these are treated with laser, they most likely will turn a very dark greyish blue black color which will then need further laser treatments to remove that pigment.  It is not impossible but can be fraught with new challenges during treatment.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon