Why are people complaining from permanent bloating and nerve damage from Coolsculpting? What is the cause?

I am a 19 year old female, I want to do Coolsculpting applications on my bra rolls,my abdomen and my arms. I have been reading a lot of reviews and people keep complaining about being permanently damaged from this procedure.

Coolsculpting and Side Effects

Coolsculpting is an amazing non-surgical treatment for a given area of the body to reduce the fat in a given area by 20%.  I have not seen any nerve damage or bloating like you are describing.  Some people are tender and sore immediately after the procedure which subsides quickly.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with coolsculpting. 

CoolSculpting causes permanent fat loss

Coolsculpting is an external treatment so bloating is not an issue.  Swelling after a treatment I believe more of the issue.  We use athletic waist binders for support over the treatment areas on the abdomen to avoid this issue.  Nerve related symptoms are more common when treatment areas are dual sculpted but this is still temporary.  I think the biggest issue is treat patients who don't have enough fat. 

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
I have not had anyone complain about these types of permanent things
The reviews you are reading are probably in the first few weeks

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting and Nerve Damage -- VASER HI DEF

When it comes to body shaping, liposuction is the gold standard and if you are younger you will get amazing results with little downtime getting a VASER HI DEF procedure.  You should see a body sculpting expert.  Coolsculpting is very safe but there is some risk to rare complications like nerve issues and reactive fat growth.  Best, Dr. Emer.