Im worried about my panic disorder and sleeve surgery. Will my meds work after surgery?

I'm getting sleeved in a few weeks and I'm very nervous about one thing, my panic disorder. I have read that wls can aggravate those with anxiety, panic, and depression. I'm on Effexor XR and wonder if it will continue to work after my surgery. I am NOT willing to trade weight loss for panic episodes. They are worse than death to me. I have asked my pcp and bariatric surgeon both of whom say it will be fine. But I feel they don't really know. Any thoughts?

Panic Disorder Meds WILL Work After Sleeve Surgery

both of your doctors are correct.  I think they do know what they are talking about.  Your medications are absorbed in the intestines, and no change to your intestines occurs with a sleeve Gastrectomy.   The only thing that will change is that your meds will kick in a bit quicker as the remaining stomach following a sleeve empties into the intestines quicker than it did prior to surgery.  So hopefully now you can focus on your upcoming surgery with your mind at ease.

New York Bariatric Surgeon