How to make Restylane lip augmentation last longer?

I just had my lips injected with Restylane on 3/4/16, Is there anything I can do to make the effects last longer? I was told to drink a lot water. Are there any foods to avoid? I love the looked initially but the swelling has decreased and I feel I need more.

Restylane - Can I Make It Last Longer?

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to make the product last longer in your lips. The results typically last six months. Hope this helps!

Lip Fillers Long Term, Use Cannulas and a Conservative approach

There is nothing you can do to make fillers last longer in the lips, you can however use voluma that may last a little longer than other HA fillers in the lip.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane

Generally there isn't much that you can do to help the filler last longer in the lips.  The length of time it lasts depends upon your metablism, but generally it lasts about 6-9 months.  

Restylane

Thanks for your question. Restylane will last up to 6 months. There isn't much you can do to prolong the results. Another option is Juvederm which can last up to a year after the initial treatment.

German Newall, MD

Making lip augmentation last longer

Hydration is important for the lips and skin. Unfortunately, there isn't much one can do to make a facial filler last longer in the lips. All fillers last approximately 6 months.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane lip injections

The bottom line is how fast you metabolize the product is how long you can expect it to last in the lips. Other factors include frequent lip movements, sucking through a straw, etc. There really is nothing you can do to increase the duration in the lips. However, there is some evidence if you come back within 3-6 months of the injection and have additional product placed, the aesthetic effects might last longer.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane

It is always recommended to stay hydrated it naturally will provide moisture to your skin.  Some patients on occasion find that they want a little more after the initial appointment.  Our office does provide 1/2 syringes.  You may want to contact your treating office and see if this  is something they also provide.  I have not heard that avoiding certain foods will help your results last longer than normal.  

Best Wishes to you,

Restylane Lips NYC

There are a number of fillers such as Juvederm and soon Volbella which can last longer than Restylane. However, there is nothing that you can do to make the injection itself last longer. Best, Dr. Green

Adding small amounts of Botox to lip filler treatments can maintain results

Botox used in conjunction with lip fillers has been shown to increase satisfaction and duration of results.  This works in 2 ways.  First, the botox prevents overuse of the muscles and decreased mechanical breakdown of the filler.  Second, botox if placed correctly can cause some elevation of the lip border and increase the visual appearance of the lip in conjunction with filler.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Longer duration Restylane for Lip augmentation

Dear pfnurse1:

Restylane is a clear filler made up of fragmented strands of a hydrophilic (water-loving) molecule hyaluronic acid (HA) naturally occurring in the skin and human tissues. While the molecule is the same, the production of the gel is different by various manufacturers and therefore provide:
  • More or less water attraction for more or less fill, and
  • Smaller or larger units for more or less duration.
  • Niacin lip balms and other histamine releasing agents will maintain hydration as well. 
  • Also, the location of injection will change the length of duration.
Discuss the different levels of Restylane with your injector for a longer lasting and/or fuller effect; these include Restylane: Silk, Natural, Lyft and Juvederm: Ultra, Ultra Plus and Voluma.
New studies confirm what I have observed for many years; Botox will both reduce the muscle activity around the HA molecule and prolong it. Botox also has a direct effect on reducing the degradation of the HA molecule and Botox around the lips may further enhance lip appearance.

Always consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for your best evaluation and options!

I hope this is helpful. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS